Championship and Lower League Thread 2012/13

patiirc

• Replies 425
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Paid Members

Why on earth would he leave Blackpool for Palace? Blackpool have a much better squad and surely he's been living up that for a few years now? Unless he feels he's taken 'Pool as far as he can. But that'd be a crazy move for him to make. Cracking appointment from a Palace point of view but I think Holloway has a much better chance of success with Blackpool than Palace.

• Paid Members
He's gone an singed a four year deal with Palace apparently. Genuinly baffled.

I think his family live down south and the commute to Palace is preferred. Also I imagine that the Oystons are cunts to work with.

Didn't clock that about his family I must admit. Oyston alluded to this in his statement as well. You'd have thought having been up North for three years they'd have relocated or something, but fair play to him if that's the reason.

But Oyston doesn't strike me as a cunt to work with though, he was fully complimnetary in his statement about the switch and they seemed to get on quite well during their stint in the Prem despite the limited funds available.

I still think that Zaha aside, Blackpool has a much more solid squad capable of pushing for the playoffs. If Holloway can keep hold of Zaha till after January then they might be in with a shout, who knows.

On an unrelated note, Mick McCarthy is already working miracles down the A140 I see. They'll get fucking promoted now and beat us next season, won't they :(

Holloway has three deaf daughters which has always governed where he lives, such was his desire for them to get a proper education. He famously commuted daily from Bristol to West London when in charge of QPR and his kids are now working and living in London.

It's times like these I wish I was still covering the Eagles.

The only consolation is that this has proved to be such a topsy-turvy division thus far that there's plenty of time to get out of trouble.

I would be inclined to believe you if we had a) kept a clean sheet this season, which we havent, b) had more than 4 points from our last 33 and c) hadnt lost our last five on the spin. In short, barring a miracle, we are screwed.

He's gone an singed a four year deal with Palace apparently. Genuinly baffled.

I think his family live down south and the commute to Palace is preferred. Also I imagine that the Oystons are cunts to work with.

Didn't clock that about his family I must admit. Oyston alluded to this in his statement as well. You'd have thought having been up North for three years they'd have relocated or something, but fair play to him if that's the reason.

But Oyston doesn't strike me as a cunt to work with though, he was fully complimnetary in his statement about the switch and they seemed to get on quite well during their stint in the Prem despite the limited funds available.

I still think that Zaha aside, Blackpool has a much more solid squad capable of pushing for the playoffs. If Holloway can keep hold of Zaha till after January then they might be in with a shout, who knows.

On an unrelated note, Mick McCarthy is already working miracles down the A140 I see. They'll get fucking promoted now and beat us next season, won't they :(

I think Oyston refused to sign a few players that he wanted. He didn't spend

3 guesses how we did? Give you a hint, it wasnt Win or Draw :thumbsup:

I just cant believe how wrong things have gone. Crystal Palace Spanked Ipswich though which is great. Frankie or any CP fan, how is Bolassie settling in? and Charton vs Cardiff looks like a belter with Charlton being 5-2 in the lead until right at the end when Cardiff pegged it back to 5-4 before the time ran out for them.

Really good result for Walsall last night, going against Scunthorpe who had a player sent off at 3-0 down, we end up losing 4-1... ridiculous thats another loss added to the chart, even though we had a great start to the season

• Paid Members
3 guesses how we did? Give you a hint, it wasnt Win or Draw :thumbsup:

I just cant believe how wrong things have gone. Crystal Palace Spanked Ipswich though which is great. Frankie or any CP fan, how is Bolassie settling in? and Charton vs Cardiff looks like a belter with Charlton being 5-2 in the lead until right at the end when Cardiff pegged it back to 5-4 before the time ran out for them.

McManus may also be done for the season (ligament), only a few weeks since we got him back. How soon can you get to the Clifton Suspension Bridge? I'll have hot chocolate and a priest waiting.

McManus may also be done for the season (ligament), only a few weeks since we got him back. How soon can you get to the Clifton Suspension Bridge? I'll have hot chocolate and a priest waiting.

Yup add Skusay with Broken Cheek Bone and it's looking bleak. McManus has been gubbins though in both spells, so is hardly a miss. Rumours that he has gone?

Don't fancy Suspension Bridge as you'd still see the gate on your way down making your last moments even more glum

Archived