WWE Raw - 5/14/2012 Discussion Thread *Spoilers*

ThePhenom

The presentation needs a change. They've had this set-up since about 2008, haven't they? I tend to think of WWE in eras. You had the 80s Hogan era, then the hangover period where Raw Is War was in those tiny buildings, then obviously the Attitude era, then they changed the layout in 2002 (I think they improved their cameras the year before too) and then HD in 2008. It's time for a re-jig.

Yes, whilst the talent roster is in a massive slump why not just get a new entrance ramp...

• Replies 62
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Johnny Laurinitus overdose for me. He appeared in three segments and two of them just went on and on. He's decent enough but he doesn't capture the imagination enough to be used so much. The John Cena thing was cringing, him shouting Loser like Ace Ventura was only 15 years out of date. Big Show was good though. Apart from that nothing of note at all.

The presentation needs a change. They've had this set-up since about 2008, haven't they? I tend to think of WWE in eras. You had the 80s Hogan era, then the hangover period where Raw Is War was in those tiny buildings, then obviously the Attitude era, then they changed the layout in 2002 (I think they improved their cameras the year before too) and then HD in 2008. It's time for a re-jig.

Yes, whilst the talent roster is in a massive slump why not just get a new entrance ramp...
Considering you quoted some post about Silvervision and asked Lister if he was arguing because he was butt hurt about that, is there any chance you're butt hurt about this?

I can't be bothered to read your latter posts. Your argument is wrong, Cider. Stop posting.Why would Lister be pissed off at the post you mentioned? Actually, don't answer that. Stop posting.

I'm not saying that a new look would solve all of the problems in WWE. It's just been in the back of my mind for a while, and it stood out a lot to me this week. What was your suggestion by the way? I think I missed it.

Until you just quoted that post, I had no idea you even existed. Well done on shedding light on the fact you are full of white noise. Your post here just made no sense. Randomly bring in a new set because other eras had different sets. Are you dribbling? My suggestion? To what you tool, I'm not complaining about anything? I alluded to the talent pool being low - what do you think my answer to that one would be you goof?

the show was terrible, the ppv will be ruined, again cena main events a show with no fucking title on the line and its all a setup for a 40 year old big show heel turn - its pathetic the guy is in the home stretch of his career he should be putting over guys on nxt or something not having snoozefests with cena again.also the no way out ppv (which is the next ppv that the wwe will barely promote) local promotion is for cena vs ace with there being no way out for jonny - so a cage match there, which again will be the main event.that will mean that in 7 ppvs this year, not one had a title match as the closer. and you know summerslam is ending with triple h vs brock, so the titles mean shit.no wonder there is serious talk of having bryan win the wwe title on sunday, they could put it on dolph ziggler it doesnt mean anything, the only titles worth owning are ''cenas opponent for next ppv title'' and ''undertakers next mania loser title''.

• Paid Members

he should be putting over guys on nxt or something

You would take one of WWE's best attraction stars...and put him on a free internet show wrestling guys they probably won't ever use on a proper show?

Until you just quoted that post, I had no idea you even existed. Well done on shedding light on the fact you are full of white noise. Your post here just made no sense. Randomly bring in a new set because other eras had different sets. Are you dribbling? My suggestion? To what you tool, I'm not complaining about anything? I alluded to the talent pool being low - what do you think my answer to that one would be you goof?

I can't be bothered to go back and forwards with a tedious argument. I needn't reply.

Not really a great Raw although it had some bright spots.The Heyman/Triple H segment was very good.Heyman plays the sleezeball agent very well,not that I imagine he has to stretch his acting muscles too much to pull that off,and it's a good way of keeping Lesnar as a talking point when he can't be around.Anybody else notice the bell end with a "Wrestling is fake" sign during the segment.What exactly the fuck did he think he was coming to watch? (I know it was aminor thing but that just annoyed me)Am I the only one that doesn't find Santino entertaining?He could disappear off the face of the planet and I wouldn't be bothered in the slightest bit.As entertaining as he was I'm pretty much fed up with Brodus Clay,especially when he's joobing out Ziggler and Miz over the last couple of weeks.Vickie Guerrero can follow Santino off the face of the earth.Can anybody remember the last time she actually contributed something to the show?David Otunga :thumbsup: The fact we didn't get to hear his music :angry: Although he's had it down for years now Big Show's performance at Extreme Rules and last night were first rate.Although it's pretty obvious were this is going,Show will be right entertaining in the role so I look forward to it.The Big Johnny/John Cena confrontation was very enjoyable and a pretty interesting way to set up the match on PPV as opposed to a brawl or a beatdown.I know it was probably wrong but I almost pissed myself with giddy glee when Cena was doing the loser routine.Plus we also got corpsing Johnny out of it.The slap were pretty nasty looking too.Also Eve continues to look fit as fuck on a weekly basis.

Am I the only one that doesn't find Santino entertaining?He could disappear off the face of the planet and I wouldn't be bothered in the slightest bit.

Nope, not at all. I think he's a total prat, and I can't stand him.

On my blog at the moment I'm doing a series of articles about 'Things That Annoy Me On TV & Films' and last night's RAW had one of those classic examples.Why am I supposed to get invested in this Big Show/Lauranitus storyline? Surely if it were real - and remember that everything should have a certain grounding in reality for the viewer to be able to engage in it - then the Big Show would simply go to HR about workplace bullying?It was especially jarring considering that they actually did have a bit of realism earlier in the show with Paul Heyman reminding Triple H that putting his hands on him like that was assault.

Why am I supposed to get invested in this Big Show/Lauranitus storyline? Surely if it were real - and remember that everything should have a certain grounding in reality for the viewer to be able to engage in it - then the Big Show would simply go to HR about workplace bullying?

:confused:

On my blog at the moment I'm doing a series of articles about 'Things That Annoy Me On TV & Films' and last night's RAW had one of those classic examples.Why am I supposed to get invested in this Big Show/Lauranitus storyline? Surely if it were real - and remember that everything should have a certain grounding in reality for the viewer to be able to engage in it - then the Big Show would simply go to HR about workplace bullying?

Fucking hell, I wouldn't watch anything from old tapes, last week, a few years back, the attitude era, WCW, the 80s, ECW, TNA, Vince Russo, this Sunday's PPV, last Sunday's PPV, wrestling then, if I were you.Jesus wept.

I accept that all wrestling has the 'suspension of disbelief' thing going on, but that angle was just ridiculous. Even with Austin vs McMahon the acknowledgement was that McMahon couldn't just fire Austin, and even when he tried it was immediately reversed.The way JL acted was just cartoon-like. Why is it that he's able to treat the Big Show like that but accepts the shit off Cena and Punk?Makes no sense.

Archived