WWE Raw - 5/14/2012 Discussion Thread *Spoilers*

ThePhenom

Just watched the end of the show on Youtube after going to bed during Orton vs Jericho live. That match turned out to be tolerable because of Sheamus on commentary, he wasn't much good but he did make it bearable. Orton vs Jericho is the most boring, generic main event combination possible and I couldn't abide it without a ginger Jackeen talking over it.

Cena was terrible last night, he was almost Rock-bad. I know his "lack of selling" of the beatdown from the other week upset the pudpulls though, so it gets a free pass. The story direction of it does seem to give away the ending of the match, mind. I'm still finding it a bit hard to buy into Johnny's sudden emergence as an evil tyrant and his feuds with Cena and Show feel a lot more forced than his feud with CM Punk.

I enjoyed the six-man tag. Raw has actually got quite a cracking midcard if only they actually did something. There should be an emphasis on giving at least two of these six a promo/angle every week instead of a pointless match. AW's brewing faction is vaguely interesting at the moment, and I'm hoping they don't just get plugged into the cycle.

Best thing about Raw was no Albert! Or he was nowhere near the memorable bits, at least.

• Replies 62
  • Created
  • Last Reply

On my blog at the moment I'm doing a series of articles about 'Things That Annoy Me On TV & Films' and last night's RAW had one of those classic examples.Why am I supposed to get invested in this Big Show/Lauranitus storyline? Surely if it were real - and remember that everything should have a certain grounding in reality for the viewer to be able to engage in it - then the Big Show would simply go to HR about workplace bullying?

Fucking hell, I wouldn't watch anything from old tapes, last week, a few years back, the attitude era, WCW, the 80s, ECW, TNA, Vince Russo, this Sunday's PPV, last Sunday's PPV, wrestling then, if I were you.Jesus wept.
:laugh: This has to be a contender!!

• Paid Members

I accept that all wrestling has the 'suspension of disbelief' thing going on, but that angle was just ridiculous. Even with Austin vs McMahon the acknowledgement was that McMahon couldn't just fire Austin, and even when he tried it was immediately reversed.The way JL acted was just cartoon-like. Why is it that he's able to treat the Big Show like that but accepts the shit off Cena and Punk?Makes no sense.

Because Punk's the Champion and Cena's the biggest star? Or, as they implied last week, Big Show is expendable.I'm surprised how much I'm enjoying WWE at the moment. Raw last week was a bit shit but I really enjoyed Smackdown and this Raw was fine as well. I did hated the ending since the added stipulations made it all too obvious what the result is going to be on Sunday. Sure, I kind of suspected it during the segment where Show made it clear that he was willing to do anything to keep his job but the stipulations ruined any sense of doubt you could possibly have.The matches were all a bit blah. I really disliked the team of Punk and Santino for some reason though the match itself was fine. The four way match might be the most uninteresting Pay Per View World Title match in history. It's scary how much Jericho has fallen since he returned, though it doesn't help that no one else in the match has any real upward momentum either.The six man was good (though I can't take to R-Truth being a smiley happy, dancing babyface. Wasn't it just a few months ago that he was a mental conspiracy theorist?) and I did enjoy both segments with John Laurinatis. Show did a brilliant job in a segment that could easily have been Wrestlecrap worthy and I thought Cena was a lot more likeable than usual.Did anyone else laugh when Triple H named Bruno Sammartino as one of the people who was offended by Brock Lesnar saying he wanted to bring legitimacy back to WWE? That was some fantastic trolling.

I accept that all wrestling has the 'suspension of disbelief' thing going on, but that angle was just ridiculous. Even with Austin vs McMahon the acknowledgement was that McMahon couldn't just fire Austin, and even when he tried it was immediately reversed.The way JL acted was just cartoon-like. Why is it that he's able to treat the Big Show like that but accepts the shit off Cena and Punk?Makes no sense.

Because Punk's the Champion and Cena's the biggest star? Or, as they implied last week, Big Show is expendable.I'm surprised how much I'm enjoying WWE at the moment. Raw last week was a bit shit but I really enjoyed Smackdown and this Raw was fine as well. I did hated the ending since the added stipulations made it all too obvious what the result is going to be on Sunday. Sure, I kind of suspected it during the segment where Show made it clear that he was willing to do anything to keep his job but the stipulations ruined any sense of doubt you could possibly have.The matches were all a bit blah. I really disliked the team of Punk and Santino for some reason though the match itself was fine. The four way match might be the most uninteresting Pay Per View World Title match in history. It's scary how much Jericho has fallen since he returned, though it doesn't help that no one else in the match has any real upward momentum either.The six man was good (though I can't take to R-Truth being a smiley happy, dancing babyface. Wasn't it just a few months ago that he was a mental conspiracy theorist?) and I did enjoy both segments with John Laurinatis. Show did a brilliant job in a segment that could easily have been Wrestlecrap worthy and I thought Cena was a lot more likeable than usual.Did anyone else laugh when Triple H named Bruno Sammartino as one of the people who was offended by Brock Lesnar saying he wanted to bring legitimacy back to WWE? That was some fantastic trolling.
This post confuses me, so you enjoyed the whole of RAW.. but just the Cena bits really.. So was it a good wrestling show or wasnt it? You disliked all the matches and you hated the ending..........

• Paid Members

This post confuses me, so you enjoyed the whole of RAW.. but just the Cena bits really.. So was it a good wrestling show or wasnt it? You disliked all the matches and you hated the ending..........

I enjoyed the show overall but there were some small bits that I disliked and a couple that I hated. I didn't dislike all the matches at all. They did feel a bit disposable but the main angles and storylines were more than enough to carry the show and, with the exception of the four way, I'm far more interested in what's going to happen next.It wasn't a great show by any stretch of the imagination but it was a massive improvement on the last few times I've watched RAW.

You jabronis in this thread don't know what you're talking about. A real fan takes his complaints directly to The Man:

‏ @DougTwinn@JohnCena What a disgrace of a segmment you were in this week on RAW. Same old shit but worse.

That'll learn him. Don

• Paid Members

But to balance it out, this Doug bloke does have some nice things to say:

@IAmJericho Great having you back man. Always one of the best. I hope you take the title at #OverTheLimit

You see John Cena is terrible and does the "same old shit". But I suppose Chris Jericho is fresh as Warburtons bread.

Hellfire. Cena was shit this week, but I just read more of that Doug bloke's tweets. He's an absolutely wretched person. I'd love to spend hours beating him with my fists and feet, and weapons blunt and bladed. Or at least spitting on him after commanding armies to beat him. No, just saw the one asking Martin Lewis for a well done for being a "student at uni" who hasn't gone into their overdraft. I'd definitely want to do the beating as well.

With all the hype for Jericho and what has become of him he has been shit. But its good to have him back. I'm a big fan, loved his books and his been half decent most of his career so I will still have a soft spot for the lad. I wish he did something better but I ended up really enjoying his feud with Punk post Mania. He puts up a solid match but storyline wise he hasn't really done anything. With Cena.. I'm your typical cuntish fan who doesn't like Cena. Majority of the stuff I just dislike and only every now and then I'll enjoy the man. He's good and a decent bloke but I just really dislike the character. Seeing that garbage at the end of RAW is pretty embarrassing to watch. And Martin Lewis is an alright guy wouldn't have minded a tweet off him. Didn't get one and just made a cringey comment. No harm there. Twitter in general is one massive cringe.

Doug really doesn't like John Cena:

@JohnCena That was bollocks you should have fucked off on a vacation. Your a hard worker but it doesn't hide how shite you are

Lesnar has busted Cena open. Yes!

Twitter for whatever reason makes people seem more mental than the standardised mouthing off about something casually in an Internet forum. Its the missing link between a saddo like me at computer and somebody who claims Jodie Foster wants them to kill somebody.

With all the hype for Jericho and what has become of him he has been shit. But its good to have him back. I'm a big fan, loved his books and his been half decent most of his career so I will still have a soft spot for the lad. I wish he did something better but I ended up really enjoying his feud with Punk post Mania. He puts up a solid match but storyline wise he hasn't really done anything.

I'm still a fan of the Punk storyline. I liked that feud a lot and it delivered two hot matches. But it does seem he is treading water now by entering into a very vanilla four way feud - it is as if creative has hit a right slump with these four and by throwing them together it will hide the fact they have no real ideas or direction to go in. Still...tumblr_m1w27djy4X1qkczpbo1_400.gif

I cringed every time they showed Big Show imitating Big Johnny. The whole thing was completely ludicrous and laughable, but Big Show did well to make something of it. Him teasing to go down on his knees three or four times was silly too, but it weren't as bad as it could have been.

• Paid Members

Raw was boring. I'm undecided as to whether The Big Show segment was really good or utter shit because it was genuinely uncomfortable for some reason.But I fast-forwarded through half of it. I think Cena might have been drunk for that final segment. What the fucking hell was he on about?

Archived