WWE Raw - 5/14/2012 Discussion Thread *Spoilers*

ThePhenom

Gotta say....Brodus' splash this week was the best he has done so far. Sometimes it looks like he lands on his knees too much to protect his opponents, but his one this week looked like he crushed Miz. Wishing was Swagger he nailed though...he is fucking dire :)

• Replies 62
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Paid Members

Really couldn't be arsed watching Raw this week. Its fell into that stage where I'm just youtubing the best bits, like I do with TNA. I can't be arsed to sit through two hours of mostly missable wrestling at the minute.The show is just dead as far as star power goes. I miss Mysterio, Batista, Hardy, Michaels, Undertaker, Flair, Edge and all the other star names they had a few years ago. They seemed to lose a shitload of talent around the same time, and haven't recovered from it.

I thought Raw was terrible. The matches were bland and missable and from the three main segments, 2 of them were dire. Only HHH and Heyman did anything worthwhile. I hated the Big Show segment. Sorry for the old style of thinking here, but having a friendly giant who cries and doesnt want title shots is really the opposite as to what I think he should be doing. The final part with JL and Cena was fucking horrid as well.

• Paid Members

Fell asleep during the Santino tag match as I just couldn't be arsed. HHH/Heyman wasn't anything special yet from the sounds of things was better than anything else that followed it.

They've definitely projected that we needn't bother tuning into Over The Limit as nothing interesting is going on at the moment.I immediately thought Big Show will interfere for Big Johnny. You'd put your money on Cena winning if you were him though, so surely he'd wait for Cena to win, Big Johnny to get fired and then try get your job back through Triple H. The silly thing about the authority is that I couldn't tell you what Johnny's allowed to do and what he's not allowed to do. Can Triple H over-rule Johnny's decision and stop him firing Big Show? He stopped Lesnar signing the silly deal. It hurts the story when they just want to over-rule decisions when they feel it suits.The presentation needs a change. They've had this set-up since about 2008, haven't they? I tend to think of WWE in eras. You had the 80s Hogan era, then the hangover period where Raw Is War was in those tiny buildings, then obviously the Attitude era, then they changed the layout in 2002 (I think they improved their cameras the year before too) and then HD in 2008. It's time for a re-jig.

• Paid Members

Really couldn't be arsed watching Raw this week. Its feel into that stage where I'm just youtubing the best bits, like I do with TNA. I can't be arsed to sit through two hours of mostly missable wrestling at the minute.The show is just dead as far as star power goes. I miss Mysterio, Batista, Hardy, Michaels, Undertaker, Flair, Edge and all the other star names they had a few years ago. They seemed to lose a shitload of talent around the same time, and haven't recovered from it.

Pretty much this. I watched the opening and last segment, on YouTube.Both were decent. Cena needs to stop ripping off Sting though.They need to throw some money at Batista. Christ, I'd even ask Foley if he fancied doing a program.We miss you Brock.

I enjoyed it more than last weeks, that is for sure. The HHH/Heyman segment was really good and I'm interested to see where they go with it. Some people might have found Big Show's crying a bit much but it created sympathy for him and made Lauranitis look worse, so it was effective. Cena's act in the final promo was goofy but I found him channelling Ace Ventura pretty funny. Not exactly looking forward to Over The Limit, the buildup has been shit and I don't think I've seen a worse WWE Title feud than Punk/Bryan but at least a few things happened on this show. I definitely know what people mean about star power though. I could probably count on one hand the wrestlers that I really enjoy watching. I could take or leave most of the roster.

I was surprised how glad I was to see Otunga back, I mean I liked his stuff but I actually thought "Ooh good" rather than not noticing he had gone. Sheamus was the most entertaining he's been in ages just for saying "Get yer bleedin' hands off me" to Orton

I was thinking , praying that maybe Lesnar could be the one to cost Cena since he quit and Show is having time off like he did last year. Cena/Show has been good in the past but it's been done too recently for such a limited feud.

Then we could have Cena/Lesnar rematch at No Way Out with it being a Cage-themed PPV. I bet they can't wait to stick Brock in a cage. Then he carries on the HHH feud once his arm is fixed, obviously HHH could still be around in the next month.

So once again Cena gets hugely fucked over by someone (Johnny beating his injured arm with a chair last week and kicking shit out of him) and John boy comes back with a segment of the very worst kind of (non) comedy to follow it up. That last segment was cringe-worthy, painful to watch stuff. All the good that the Brock feud did (bringing out Cena's serious side) has already gone and we are back to fucking awful comedy segments again.Ugh!It was nice to see them help Sheamus out though; Big Show is now the biggest pussy in WWE, not him.

• Paid Members

I laughed pretty hard at Cole and Lawler doing Owen Hart has died voices after it, only to be interrupted by the ONLY LIVING BREATHINGFUNKASAURUS IN CAPTIVITY. Good stuff.

Same here! It was great emotion from the Big Show but seemed odd how Cena was 'goofing off' and Show crying like his marriage was in tatters.

As someone else noted, nice exchange and stare down with Beth and Layla.The 6 man tag was mildly entertaining. Dolph makes watching him get flattened by a head butt every week as entertaining as it can be, and as someone else noted, a tag match is far more conducive for Brodus than a single's match is, at least with Miz anyway. It is just so fucking repetitive though. Can we not get any sort of progression on this Brodus Clay character other than the fact that he pushes this dance routine aggressively in our faces? Is there any other reason for Vickie and co to be resentful of Brodus destroying them on every occasion other than for the sake of it?All I really have to say. I normally like CM Punk and Daniel Bryan, but the build up this week was drearily formulaic. Oh yeah, one thing I'll say is Punk's remark to AJ. Bloody hell, not very nice! I think it would have been more becoming of a babyface to maybe suggest AJ get some therapy or something.

I think the match between Johnny & Cena is so obvious how its going to end!Big show will cost Cena the match because he can't get fired as he already is fired!This will lead to the big show turning heel, and starting a feud with Cena

This is exactly what i was thinking as i watched it

So I'm just watching Raw, and I really liked that just as the camera is panning to get Cody's entrance you can just see Santino give Punk a big hug. Some of their interaction really reminded me of Punk and Cabana's stuff.The crowd also seem to be really hot which always makes a show that much better to watch.Echoing the above comment about Cole and King having their "serious" voices on selling the Big Show thing. They must have known the Clay intro was due at any moment and I wonder if the production team in the truck waited on the Clay entrance just a second or too longer, for a laugh. I know if I had been Cole, I would have corpsed, having to "reflect" on Show, all the while waiting for that music to hit.

Archived