show postponed, anyone read this?

Jetta's G-string

• Replies 90
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Public liability insurance, for a start. And I'm certain the venue needs to hold a license for combat sports or something similar, which is probably the license in question.

I'm pretty certain, but frankly can't be arsed to look for anything to back this up, that no licence whatsoever is required, nor is public liability insurance. PLI may very well be desirable, but not a legal requirement.I suppose the point I'm trying to make is that if venues don't know. or care enough to find out about stuff like this, surely it lends itself to this kind of bullshit, where those that aspire to run "professional" businesses engage in just as much carny bullshit behind the scenes as the biggest money mark backyarder.

Public liability insurance, for a start. And I'm certain the venue needs to hold a license for combat sports or something similar, which is probably the license in question.

I'm pretty certain, but frankly can't be arsed to look for anything to back this up, that no licence whatsoever is required, nor is public liability insurance. PLI may very well be desirable, but not a legal requirement.
Under the Licensing Act 2003, wrestling is listed.

Firstly, this show that got cancelled had nothing to do with me, the first time I even heard of this company was when the reporter asked me my opinion on the incident. However I do stand by my comments. Professional Wrestling is a business, and it should be treated as one. A show without relevent licenses is illegal, and if this 'guerilla' show that went ahead on the sunday was unlicensed, then the promoters should be held accountable - just like someone driving a car without a license would be held accountable. Especially after having the previous two nights shows cancelled, the promoters knew the laws going into the sunday show. However, I do hope for them that the sunday venue was licensed.Really though, one sentance sums this incident up: IF THE SHOW WAS LEGAL, IT COULDN'T BE CANCELLED. And anyone saying differently really needs to wise up and accept that in business there are certain laws and regulations that you must abide by. As for the BWC, well that's just a big con run by a bunch of clowns with the aim to make money off of other clowns. And i'll go on record here to say that everyone involved with the BWC is an absolute idiot!!

Really though, one sentance sums this incident up: IF THE SHOW WAS LEGAL, IT COULDN'T BE CANCELLED. And anyone saying differently really needs to wise up and accept that in business there are certain laws and regulations that you must abide by.

That isn't really the issue though. Unless you're willing to stand up now and call Steve Evans a liar, he's saying that he asked the venues if they held the required license, and they told him yes they did. If that's the case, and someone was aware that the venues were mistaken, I think it's a little shitty that they didn't tell Evans. What I think is more shitty is that they informed the venue last minute. Generally, it takes a while to organise these things, so it's highly likely whoever informed the venue knew well in advance, and chose to wait until the last minute. I do admit though that last part is speculation, but it seems likely to me.So when they switched to another venue, which also didn't have the right license, once again they were not informed, it was the venue who were contacted. All this served to do was give British wrestling a bad name.

Really though, one sentance sums this incident up: IF THE SHOW WAS LEGAL, IT COULDN'T BE CANCELLED. And anyone saying differently really needs to wise up and accept that in business there are certain laws and regulations that you must abide by.

That isn't really the issue though. Unless you're willing to stand up now and call Steve Evans a liar, he's saying that he asked the venues if they held the required license, and they told him yes they did. If that's the case, and someone was aware that the venues were mistaken, I think it's a little shitty that they didn't tell Evans. What I think is more shitty is that they informed the venue last minute. Generally, it takes a while to organise these things, so it's highly likely whoever informed the venue knew well in advance, and chose to wait until the last minute. I do admit though that last part is speculation, but it seems likely to me.So when they switched to another venue, which also didn't have the right license, once again they were not informed, it was the venue who were contacted. All this served to do was give British wrestling a bad name.
I'm not saying that Steve Evans is a liar, i'm simply stating a fact, and the fact is that if the venue wasn't licensed then the show can't legally be run, be it the venues or promoters fault it doesn't really matter. However, if the sunday show was unlicensed, then that is Steve Evan's fault, as he clearly knew by then what license the venue had to hold.And this hasn't given British Wrestling a bad name at all. I'm pretty certain that very few outside of this forum even know that this incident took place. And as for the council that was involved in all of this, all its done is serve to educate them on the documentation that needs to be in place to run wrestling events.

To any that were attending the event it did. It doesn't reflect well at all. Shows that are cancelled last minute do not leave a good impression on the people they affect.Yes, I agree that if the Sunday show was unlicensed, it's probably Evans fault. Does anyone actually know where the event was held in the end? Or is everyone keeping it secret? These would be pictures from the event, if anyone can work it out.Anyway, this is straying far from the point. I don't dispute that unlicensed shows shouldn't happen. I dispute that active sabotage is something anyone should be engaging in. I dispute that promoters shouldn't be working together to build the British wrestling industry into something big.

To any that were attending the event it did. It doesn't reflect well at all. Shows that are cancelled last minute do not leave a good impression on the people they affect.Yes, I agree that if the Sunday show was unlicensed, it's probably Evans fault. Does anyone actually know where the event was held in the end? Or is everyone keeping it secret? These would be pictures from the event, if anyone can work it out.Anyway, this is straying far from the point. I don't dispute that unlicensed shows shouldn't happen. I dispute that active sabotage is something anyone should be engaging in. I dispute that promoters shouldn't be working together to build the British wrestling industry into something big.

In all seriousness now, can you give me a logical reason as to why I would want to do that?Outside of wrestling I own a security company, and believe me, I don't help other security companies with their business. So why would I do that in wrestling? I'm in business to make money.

Archived