show postponed, anyone read this?

Jetta's G-string

• Replies 90
  • Created
  • Last Reply

What prompted the sarcastic start to the post Alan as I dont get how the last few posts were anything to do with not running things like a business.

My post was a general reply, I didn't quote any posts while doing it. It was more a post to that blog and how the writer was saying that promoters and promotions should work together, and if you don't draw its not the shitarse shows fault etc etc.I'm just fed up of seeing rubbish like that written. Its just a fat load of rubbish.

• 3 months later...

I've just had a PM off someone which the main part is below, its in reference to this thread i started ages ago

Hi,

A few months ago you started a thread about how LDN Wrestling got a FPW show cancelled because they didn't have the correct license.

In what can only be called 'karma' on wednesday night an LDN show in Essex got cancelled less than 30 minutes before it was supposed to start because they didn't have the correct paperwork.

now personally i find this quite funny, at the same time tho is this one show sabotaging another? and is this the right way to go, or has sanjay been so busy checking on other promoters that he forgot to run his own business properly??

The show was cancelled due to poor ticket sales. Running a touring promotion, shows get chopped if they don't perform as well. Its not often but actually there's been two shows in August chopped due to poor ticket sales. Other shows such as Clacton performed better than expected.

Every town is different and if sales are extremely low, shows will be cancelled.

The other show that was cancelled was a northern venue which was promoted by the venue.

The show was cancelled due to poor ticket sales. Running a touring promotion, shows get chopped if they don't perform as well. Its not often but actually there's been two shows in August chopped due to poor ticket sales. Other shows such as Clacton performed better than expected.

Every town is different and if sales are extremely low, shows will be cancelled.

The other show that was cancelled was a northern venue which was promoted by the venue.

Im not disputing that, just going on the PM i had. However, im not a promoter but find it hard to believe that you'd save money by cancelling a show 30mins before it starts. Im assuming you'd still have to pay everyone?? Also, isnt that unprofessioanal and unfair on the fans who turned up or bought in advance to cancel at such short notice??

Im not disputing that, just going on the PM i had. However, im not a promoter but find it hard to believe that you'd save money by cancelling a show 30mins before it starts. Im assuming you'd still have to pay everyone?? Also, isnt that unprofessioanal and unfair on the fans who turned up or bought in advance to cancel at such short notice??

The only person who said 30 mins was your source not LDN itself. I might be wrong, but Knowing LDN it probably wasn't cancelled "30 minutes before" it was probably cancelled a week prior if not longer to minimise costs.

• Paid Members

It's a pretty sad indictment of BritWres that someone, wanting to remain anonymous, is using an idiot like Jetta's G-string to post the latest news on the scene. All The President's Men it ain't.

Archived