All sorted :)

ajmcstyles

Surely they didnt take the box from you, you must have gave them the box. Unfortunately I am not witty like Rosey, Ian & co so I will just have to say you are a moron who lacks any basic logic and from the way you have described the shoes I keep imagining Happy Gilmore's caddy and his lovely footwear.One more thing to try though, have you took the scrunched up paper out of the trainers?

You made a critical mistake wearing the shoes to the store. Surely you'd have had a far greater case for sympathy going in with cut up bare feet as they are the only shoes you owned. That...and you wouldn't be wearing the very shoes you are trying to return!

The plan is just go to the Meadowhall store and just change them there, since I've got some shitty Shoe Zone trainers for now I guess I could get away with it.

• Paid Members

Nah, they've screwed you over, you need to go to town on them now. You should smash your feet up even more to exaggerate the damage the shoes did, it's only fair after your treatment. Drop something really heavy on them a few times. They will have no choice but to give you a new, suitable non-faulty pair and you'll probably get your money back too.

What I don't get is, if you tried to wear the shoes to work on the third day but they were so unbearable you had to take them to the shop on your lunch break why did you have the box with them...?

If I had to guess, you wore the shoes out of the shop on the day you bought them and left the box with your old knackered shoes like a tonne of people do. And, now you feel a bit daft about it.

Either way, you're never going to get a refund on shoes you are wearing. Especially when you are brandishing an empty box you could have got from anywhere.

Ill try to avoid the pointless insults and piss taking and actually try to help here. Whenever you next have a day off put the shoes in a bag with the receipt, go along to the shop and say you would like to exchange the trainers for another pair. Explain you have already been in and the box was taken from you and you have given the trainers a few more days and they are still giving you the same problems and you are not satisfied with them. They absolutely cannot refuse you an exchange on a sub standard product, regardless of if you have been wearing them or not. Just dont taken no for an answer, if thy refuse in store, call their head office and make a formal complaint, they will soon offer you an exchange at the least, although at this point you would well be within your rights to refuse to deal with the staff again and demand a refund. Just show some bollocks and dont take their shit, or wear the shoes to the shop.