Raw 05/03/2012 - Pre/Post Discussion

hbknhhh

Tonight's Raw in Boston where The Rock and Shawn Michaels are advertised to attend and also Big Shaq is supposed to be there as well, With 4 Raw's left till Wrestlemania 28 whats going to happen?

• Replies 138
  • Created
  • Last Reply

HBK and Rock to have a confrontation then Teddy Long to come out and go "Now hold on, playas... It ain't gonna go down like rhis... Because tonight's main event will see The Rock take on... THE HEARTBREAK KID SHAWN MICHAELS RIGHT HERE ON RAW TONIGHT!"

WHAT?

My main hopes for tonight are for them to get their act together with the Sheamus/Bryan match, seeing as though they are on Raw every week I see know reason why they can't. Shawn Michaels should be good, I have a feeling he is going to get involved in the big match some how, so I'm looking forward to that. I am also looking forward to seeing if they are going to snap out of it, and have The Rock step up his game.

HBK and Rock to have a confrontation then Teddy Long to come out and go "Now hold on, playas... It ain't gonna go down like rhis... Because tonight's main event will see The Rock take on... THE HEARTBREAK KID SHAWN MICHAELS RIGHT HERE ON RAW TONIGHT!"

WHAT?

IN A TAG TEAM MATCH!

Joking aside this should be a pretty awesome Raw and i though the Shaq shit was all over, didn't WWE say that it wasn't happening?

It promises to be an interesting Raw this week and hopefully it's a bit better than last week's. I look forward to seeing what kind of reaction John Cena gets in his hometown, especially if he ends up verbally sparring with Rock again. I also can't believe that we're less than a month away from 'Mania and I'm actually behind Cena. I think that's he's a bit cringey most of the time, but Cena has been absolutely quality in the build-up to this year's WrestleMania and has looked superior to Rocky. That's also partially down to Rock being a bit shit last week as well. I was hoping for a traditionally cracking Rock promo but all we got was Rock throwing random words together and banging on about trending. It was like going to watch a Rolling Stones gig and hoping that they do 'Paint It Black' but all you get is a bit of shitty banter with the crowd. Urrrgh.

I really hope that they don't throw Shawn Michaels in as a referee for the Triple H/Undertaker match at WrestleMania. Whilst it would give the match an interesting edge, I think that for the most part it would detract from a potentially classic Hell In A Cell match. Also, I haven't looked forward to a HIAC match like this for years. The last one I got really pumped up for was Triple H/Shawn Michaels at Bad Blood 2004. And that was an overlong pile of disappointment. So don't fail me this time WWE!

It promises to be an interesting Raw this week and hopefully it's a bit better than last week's. I look forward to seeing what kind of reaction John Cena gets in his hometown, especially if he ends up verbally sparring with Rock again. I also can't believe that we're less than a month away from 'Mania and I'm actually behind Cena. I think that's he's a bit cringey most of the time, but Cena has been absolutely quality in the build-up to this year's WrestleMania and has looked superior to Rocky. That's also partially down to Rock being a bit shit last week as well. I was hoping for a traditionally cracking Rock promo but all we got was Rock throwing random words together and banging on about trending. It was like going to watch a Rolling Stones gig and hoping that they do 'Paint It Black' but all you get is a bit of shitty banter with the crowd. Urrrgh.

Throwing in the rest of his thirteen-year-old catchphrases wouldn't have saved Rock there, really.

I really hope that they don't throw Shawn Michaels in as a referee for the Triple H/Undertaker match at WrestleMania. Whilst it would give the match an interesting edge, I think that for the most part it would detract from a potentially classic Hell In A Cell match.

Agreed.

Completely agree that with HBK and the Rock on the Mic at least one of these 2 known quality mic guys can knock it out the park ... i can see HBK saying he wants part of the match as a special guest referee or enforcer, something along those lines. Hopefully the Rock can knock it out of the park tonight too, his promo last week was awful and i'm a massive rocky fan. Also looking forward to CM Punk's response to Jericho's actions last week feel this feud is going along nicely and has the potential to be the best WRESTLING match of the night if these guys are on the top of their games....

I think they could get away with Shawn Michaels simply announcing that he'll be at ringside for the match. They could advertise his appearance, without the explicit distraction of him as ref.

The camera could just occasionally pan to him to see his reactions, then the three men can have their soppy hand-in-the-air moment at the end.

I think they could get away with Shawn Michaels simply announcing that he'll be at ringside for the match. They could advertise his appearance, without the explicit distraction of him as ref.

The camera could just occasionally pan to him to see his reactions, then the three men can have their soppy hand-in-the-air moment at the end.

lets hope not with the soppy hand in the air thing .... what happened to the last 2 that did it ... maybe its a bad luck curse .....

Throwing in the rest of his thirteen-year-old catchphrases wouldn't have saved Rock there, really.

I'm not saying that he needs to roll out his old catchphrases that probably haven't aged too well, but he could have easily rolled back the years and ripped Cena down to shit. Like he used to do against everyone that he faced. He just needs to shut the fuck up about "trending" and stop milking the idiot audience for some kind of chant every twenty seconds.

The problem is him being humble, really. The goosebumps, the pausing for adulation, the soppy 'YOU GUYS ARE THE BESTEST' to the audience all the time.

The Rock, even at his most popular, was never ever humble.

I'm not saying that he needs to roll out his old catchphrases that probably haven't aged too well, but he could have easily rolled back the years and ripped Cena down to shit. Like he used to do against everyone that he faced. He just needs to shut the fuck up about "trending" and stop milking the idiot audience for some kind of chant every twenty seconds.

He used to do silly-voice impersonations of people and call them popcorn farts or

. As well as the Twitter and Hollywood Dwayne stuff, he's still hitting all the points he used to years ago. He's tried all that same "rip Cena down to shit" that he did years ago with other wrestlers. It's just not as entertaining or damning to hear him call someone Kung Pao Bitch or Transvestite Wonder Woman when it's thirteen years later and you're an adult. If we were fourteen and this was 1999, we'd still be rolling in the aisles over him saying his opponent has ladyparts.

• Paid Members

Yeah, in a world where irreverent comedy has washed through all media platforms, Rock's schtick has lost a lot of edge. He needs to start getting serious now, start really selling the scale of the match. And, not this week but sometime soonish, they need to get physical. It's absolutely imperative, for me, that they have at least one pull-apart brawl before Wrestlemania. We've had promos, we've had finishing moves. Give us a bit more talk, then give us fists.

Archived