Where will wrestling be 10 years from now?

goldeneye86

• Replies 99
  • Created
  • Last Reply
This would prob be more interesting if it was about british wrestling. Dixon has to be near retirement, so who will be the top promoters then. And the known guys today like your johnny storms, james masons, martin stones etc will prob be done. So who will replace these?

Thread edited. :cool:

This would prob be more interesting if it was about british wrestling. Dixon has to be near retirement, so who will be the top promoters then. And the known guys today like your johnny storms, james masons, martin stones etc will prob be done. So who will replace these?

In ten years time, British wrestling will be where it was ten years ago.

I'm not expecting any one to have a good tv deal, but i would expect the wrestlers to be better and more 'manly' looking as it'll be ten years down the line, and maybe the promoters will bring something different. And maybe the shitarses will stop wasting their benefits on running shows

I'm not expecting any one to have a good tv deal, but i would expect the wrestlers to be better and more 'manly' looking as it'll be ten years down the line, and maybe the promoters will bring something different. And maybe the shitarses will stop wasting their benefits on running shows

Unless Virgin Active gym membership prices hit rock bottom in the next ten years, why would British wrestler suddenly get bigger?

You can't blame the lack of success of British wrestlers as a whole on shit promoters either. There may be an argument that if somebody promoted a dogshit show in town A, those same punters wouldn't want to go see another (good) promoters show in town A a few weeks later. But that argument will only take you so far. These are all effects of free market and capitalism which have been overcome litteraly thousand of times before by other business (including wrestling).

Unless Virgin Active gym membership prices hit rock bottom in the next ten years, why would British wrestler suddenly get bigger?

You can't blame the lack of success of British wrestlers as a whole on shit promoters either. There may be an argument that if somebody promoted a dogshit show in town A, those same punters wouldn't want to go see another (good) promoters show in town A a few weeks later. But that argument will only take you so far. These are all effects of free market and capitalism which have been overcome litteraly thousand of times before by other business (including wrestling).

Don't necessarily mean bigger physiques, just look more like a man than a boy.

Don't necessarily mean bigger physiques, just look more like a man than a boy.

Well, here's hoping Spud ages by 2022.

Triple H led WWE, maybe Shane McMahon starting a rival promotion once Vince heads for the pearly gates.

British wrestling seems to be gaining more media coverage, though not exactly bucket loads, but with the likes of ICW getting a spot on small channels, maybe more promotions will follow suit on other channels gradually increasing publicity for British Wrestling in general, then eventually a mainstream channel will give coverage once they have exhausted every major form of reality televison shows.

Might be a long shot, like.

Archived