WWE Wrestlemania XXVIII Discussion Thread

TildeGuy~!

• Paid Members

The occassion is once in a lifetime. They did more than one Rock vs Hogan matches, but none of them meant as much as the first singles showdown between them. This is once in a lifetime in the sense that the hype and interest wont be half as good the second or third time. Its two generations clashing. Its a huge match.

• Replies 1.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Paid Members
Its a bit annoying that The Rock vs Cena match is being billed as 'once in a lifetime', I know its not 100% but there most likely be a rematch.

Same with HHH vs Taker as 'End of an Era', cos neither are retiring and if taker lost his streak will be broken not his career.

Both just minor niggly things really

If you think about it though it pretty much will.

Taker comes back once a year to wrestle at 'Mania and the only reason he does that is to keep the streak alive.

As Triple H pointed out, if the streak goes Taker has no reason to come back at Wrestlemania any more and ergo just would not wrestle.

• Paid Members

There's been a bit of a fuck up with comcast in the States. They were (for a little bit today) charging $9.99 for WrestleMania. Its back to being $65 again, after the cock up had been sorted.

aefc227a-ab3f-8745.jpg

Still, a few people have orded when word got about on the forums and what not. I wonder if they could do anything about this, if they accept your order. Its their mistake after all.

With two shows left I hope they pull their heads out of their arses and give us two decent pre-WrestleMania shows. Raw just isn't good and SmackDown just feels like a bad episode of Velocity with half of the show being a Raw recap.

I don't even think we get a Smackdown this week, the US will get the Axcess show with about 2 matches and a promo taped before Raw tonight. We will probably just get another "Best Of Wrestlemania".

• Paid Members

The Cena/Rock match feels like the biggest built up match ever. Its just everywhere! I've seen articles about in places that I didnt think had an interest in wrestling. Yeah the build up hasnt been hot, but from what I remember the Rock/Hogan build up was a bit rubbish too and it still ended up being insane. They've made this match feel like its the biggest thing they've ever done. And you know what, I think it is.

And then we've got Taker/HHH Hell In A Cell with HBK as ref, which is a main eventer in its own right. I cant remember a Wrestlemania where we had 2 such high caliber matches on the same show. And then you've got the 2 title matches which will be crackers if given a decent amount of time.

You've got the possibility of Teddy Long fucking off our screens, and Cody Rhodes beginning his 'Cena at WM20' journey by ruining Big Show.. and we'll also get to see Kane take a sideways RKO again. Add to that the comedy of Maria Menonous showing up Kelly Kelly and Eve.

How can this not be an absolute belter of a show? Its going to be such a special night.

The Cena/Rock match feels like the biggest built up match ever. Its just everywhere! I've seen articles about in places that I didnt think had an interest in wrestling. Yeah the build up hasnt been hot, but from what I remember the Rock/Hogan build up was a bit rubbish too and it still ended up being insane. They've made this match feel like its the biggest thing they've ever done. And you know what, I think it is.

Oh it definitely is the biggest match in forever, the wwe hype machine is nothing short of spectacular, the guys that make the videos and promote it are second to none and obviously I cant wait until Sunday to see it, its just a shame that for whatever reason the Raw build up just hasn't been up to much at all.

• Paid Members
All the guys on here who haven't been to a Wrestlemania before, is it because you can't afford it or don't you have any fellow wrestling fan mates?

Genuinely interested.

Genuinely interested, why are you asking?

• Paid Members
All the guys on here who haven't been to a Wrestlemania before, is it because you can't afford it or don't you have any fellow wrestling fan mates?

Genuinely interested.

Both :(

Im hoping 30 will be in MSG though. I'm saving for that and a NY holiday.

Archived