WWE Wrestlemania XXVIII Discussion Thread

TildeGuy~!

• Replies 1.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Paid Members

2008 was when I got back into wrestling, after about 4 and a bit years of not watching a thing. What a time to get back into it too, the Royal Rumble/No Way Out/'Mania 24 is a fantastic run of PPVs - actually, 2008 was a good PPV year for WWE. 'Mania 24 is everything 'Mania should be about.

It appears that we've all just missed the end of Rock/Cena Once in a Lifetime on Sky Sports 4. Was it common knowledge that it was on today?

Was advertised on smack down

• Paid Members
I think Twinn's been reading another forum, because I've heard much bad about WrestleMania 24, ever, on here. Finlay vs JBL, Floyd vs the Big Show, Flair vs Michaels and Edge vs Undertaker were all belting.

He's certainly wrong about the majority disliking it, but I want to be a Debbie Downer and mention that I dont really care for it.

Apart from Michaels vs Flair, I didnt find anything worth watching again. I think the last overall great Mania was 22. All since then have been two (or even one) match cards in my opinion.

At least this year is a two.

• Paid Members
Just watched the Cena/Rock special, it really is fantastic imo.

It is quite disappointing, IMO. It's well produced and that, but all I took away from it was both men are nice chaps and they have a mild dislike of one another (it is mentioned very briefly). Sums up the way this feud has went.

Its a bit annoying that The Rock vs Cena match is being billed as 'once in a lifetime', I know its not 100% but there most likely be a rematch.

Same with HHH vs Taker as 'End of an Era', cos neither are retiring and if taker lost his streak will be broken not his career.

Both just minor niggly things really

Archived