Sign in to follow this  
Chest Rockwell

Best Match of 2011

What was the best wrestling match of 2011?  

153 members have voted

1. 1. What was the best wrestling match of 2011?

• CM Punk vs John Cena - MITB
    • Austin Aries, Zema Ion, Low Ki, Jack Evans - Destination X
    • Edge vs Dolph Ziggler - Royal Rumble
    • The Undertaker vs HHH - Wrestlemania
    • Hulk Hogan vs Sting - Bound for Glory
    • Randy Orton vs Christian - Over the Limit

Loki    1

Um, hang on.

Bully Ray v Styles got plenty more nominations than the Destination X spotfest. As did HHH v Nash. Why are they not on the poll?

Chest Rockwell    103
Um, hang on.

Bully Ray v Styles got plenty more nominations than the Destination X spotfest. As did HHH v Nash. Why are they not on the poll?

Those both got 4 each. The other match got 5.

TheBigBoot    0

Haven't had time to rewatch but liked all the WWE matches first time around although Undertaker vs Triple H was the least of the four for me.

Not sure about the TNA ones being amongst the six best of 2011.

Watched the Destination X X Division match last night. It's entertaining enough for what it is, features a couple of guys I really rate and is a pretty good example of the style. Call me old fashioned but I still find it hard to compare that with top matches from WWE this past year.

Same with Hogan/Sting which was an incredible performance in terms of working the crowd. In some ways that's the aim of all wrestling - getting people to buy into what you're selling them. I agree it doesn't all have to be about bumping (Edge/Ziggler), big moves (Taker/HHH; X Division match), over finishers (Cena/Punk; Orton/Christian; Taker/HHH), cool reversal spots (Orton/Christian; Edge/Ziggler) or feeling like an 'epic' (Cena/Punk; Taker/HHH) to be a good match. So I can see why people like it but again find it hard to compare to the very best WWE matches.

I just feel the best match of the year should have something more.