Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Chest Rockwell

Best Match of 2011

What was the best wrestling match of 2011?   153 members have voted

1. 1. What was the best wrestling match of 2011?

• CM Punk vs John Cena - MITB
    • Austin Aries, Zema Ion, Low Ki, Jack Evans - Destination X
    • Edge vs Dolph Ziggler - Royal Rumble
    • The Undertaker vs HHH - Wrestlemania
    • Hulk Hogan vs Sting - Bound for Glory
    • Randy Orton vs Christian - Over the Limit

Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

7 posts in this topic

Um, hang on.

Bully Ray v Styles got plenty more nominations than the Destination X spotfest. As did HHH v Nash. Why are they not on the poll?

Um, hang on.

Bully Ray v Styles got plenty more nominations than the Destination X spotfest. As did HHH v Nash. Why are they not on the poll?

Those both got 4 each. The other match got 5.

Haven't had time to rewatch but liked all the WWE matches first time around although Undertaker vs Triple H was the least of the four for me.

Not sure about the TNA ones being amongst the six best of 2011.

Watched the Destination X X Division match last night. It's entertaining enough for what it is, features a couple of guys I really rate and is a pretty good example of the style. Call me old fashioned but I still find it hard to compare that with top matches from WWE this past year.

Same with Hogan/Sting which was an incredible performance in terms of working the crowd. In some ways that's the aim of all wrestling - getting people to buy into what you're selling them. I agree it doesn't all have to be about bumping (Edge/Ziggler), big moves (Taker/HHH; X Division match), over finishers (Cena/Punk; Orton/Christian; Taker/HHH), cool reversal spots (Orton/Christian; Edge/Ziggler) or feeling like an 'epic' (Cena/Punk; Taker/HHH) to be a good match. So I can see why people like it but again find it hard to compare to the very best WWE matches.

I just feel the best match of the year should have something more.