Moderators Chest Rockwell Posted January 12, 2012 Moderators Posted January 12, 2012 What was the best match of 2011?
Awards Moderator HarmonicGenerator Posted January 13, 2012 Awards Moderator Posted January 13, 2012 Quite a difficult one, but I've ended up going with the majority and choosing Punk/Cena.
Loki Posted January 13, 2012 Posted January 13, 2012 Um, hang on. Bully Ray v Styles got plenty more nominations than the Destination X spotfest. As did HHH v Nash. Why are they not on the poll?
Paid Members tiger_rick Posted January 13, 2012 Paid Members Posted January 13, 2012 Dunno if you're right or not but it's massively irrelevant this year I think.
Moderators Chest Rockwell Posted January 15, 2012 Author Moderators Posted January 15, 2012 Um, hang on. Bully Ray v Styles got plenty more nominations than the Destination X spotfest. As did HHH v Nash. Why are they not on the poll? Those both got 4 each. The other match got 5.
TheBigBoot Posted January 18, 2012 Posted January 18, 2012 Haven't had time to rewatch but liked all the WWE matches first time around although Undertaker vs Triple H was the least of the four for me. Not sure about the TNA ones being amongst the six best of 2011. Watched the Destination X X Division match last night. It's entertaining enough for what it is, features a couple of guys I really rate and is a pretty good example of the style. Call me old fashioned but I still find it hard to compare that with top matches from WWE this past year. Same with Hogan/Sting which was an incredible performance in terms of working the crowd. In some ways that's the aim of all wrestling - getting people to buy into what you're selling them. I agree it doesn't all have to be about bumping (Edge/Ziggler), big moves (Taker/HHH; X Division match), over finishers (Cena/Punk; Orton/Christian; Taker/HHH), cool reversal spots (Orton/Christian; Edge/Ziggler) or feeling like an 'epic' (Cena/Punk; Taker/HHH) to be a good match. So I can see why people like it but again find it hard to compare to the very best WWE matches. I just feel the best match of the year should have something more.
Paid Members ShortOrderCook Posted January 19, 2012 Paid Members Posted January 19, 2012 So what did you go for as best match Boot? And why?
Recommended Posts