The Super-Super-Duper Rugby Union thread!

Up Chuck

• Replies 467
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Paid Members

Might as well, I blame them for a lot of stuff.

I think things are turning the corner though, at least in terms of the actual rugby and the people in charge of it. The team that England have is something to get excited about. I, personally, can't wait. I even made myself a fucking gorgeous wallchart.

• Paid Members

It's intended to just be the letters. If you want to be chummy, just call me Charles, or whatever variant thereof you fancy.

While I'm here, the Wales and Ireland teams are up, but I can't copy text off the relevant websites on my phone. Also, does anyone want me to upload a PDF of the wallchart? It's pretty swanky for an amateur Photoshop job.

• Paid Members
Cuthbert and North are like two Matt Banahans, only they can play rugby and aren't the worst players on earth.

Haha. Too true. I cannot for the life of me understand how Banahan's stayed around the England setup for so long. He seemed to get picked purely because he's a utility back, which in his case is code for "crash ball guy who isn't particularly outstanding anywhere but might occasionally be useful as a battering ram". Also his tattoos suck.

Back to me-getting-excited-about-the-6-nations, I just picked up an England player-quality RWC shirt at the Tigers shop for better than half price.

• Moderators

The thing about Matt Banahan as a crash ball player, well...

Against Wales in the RWC warm ups, Ikkle Shane managed to drop Matt Banahan with a full head of steam on the Wales 5. If I was Johnno the second that happened Banahan would be going home never to wear an England shirt again. I honestly don't get it.

• Paid Members

Exactly. He's only any good at his biggest strength some of the time. That's why I'm so glad a guy like Tuilagi has broken through - he's got the bulk and power, just like his brothers, but he's got so much nuance to his game. Great great pace, great handling, picks great running lines, a ridiculously good hand-off, and when all that doesn't work, THEN he's got the bulk to get through guys. Ten times the attacking threat that Banahan is. So yeah, holy shit do I ever hope Tuilagi's fit for the Wales match.

Brilliant news that Roberts and Priestland are healthy for Sunday, still a shame they're missing a few like Gethin Jenkins, Alun Wyn-Jones and Dan Lydiate.

Grand Slam? Go on then...

...watch them bottle it against France again.

• Moderators
Brilliant news that Roberts and Priestland are healthy for Sunday, still a shame they're missing a few like Gethin Jenkins, Alun Wyn-Jones and Dan Lydiate.

Grand Slam? Go on then...

...watch them bottle it against France again.

(Butch's annual statement) We're definitely going to win the Grand Slam. Like every year.

Archived