The best visuals of all time...

tom

• Replies 126
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Tom, a better example IMO from the Nexus rampage is this one:tarvercrowd.jpgWhen Wade wandered down the aisle, you just thought he was going to run in or something. But as soon as this image was on your TV, you knew shit was gonna go down. Some real badass shit.

A thousand times yes! It may not be Austin bloody screaming in the sharpshooter, but as far as the recent few years it is very understated. A brilliant shot and timing, in that the commentators wait just a second or two after they cut to Tarver before they comment on it, so it seems really off and un-nerving. The mouth-piece garment gimmick always felt a bit hokey for me when he was on that NXT season doing promo competitions, but in that segment, it really worked, especially stood amongs the average fan.2fHR3.pngLove this image, and just watching the latest LOW round table on Renegades has me on a Pillman-trip at the moment. So, so ahead of his time and a lot of the Punk stuff last year can be seen in Pillman from that time, just with more of a psychotic edge (also see Kevin Steen in 2011 as well). If Pillman had Twitter at his disposal back then, it might have been the best thing ever. The image has the obvious Nazi-imagery connotations, but combined with the wetted long hair, ice-cold stare like he was ready to explode at any moment, and sweet leather waistcoat and boots, it just screams that shit is going to happen.N2rxS.pngThis is more a personal one than one that is part of wrestling history, but the sight of Tyler Black jumping the guard-rail to kick off the AOTF run in ROH, with the masked followers behind him, totally got me hooked a few years back. I think it has to do with the look on his face and the unusual posture of his arms as he jumps down (that ROH used this a screenshot because they were "undecided" as to show the whole unedited footage was a nice touch, as it doesn't show much violence but hints at something while showing off a new face). A lot of the Nexus stuff and a lot of the viral stuff that WWE has done since has had influences of this angle. Really cool I thought. Plus it really brought in Tyler as a future star for the company, in a prominent way.

Archived