TNA Nostalgia Thread

Loki

• Replies 47
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I think my favourite memory from TNA has to be the Texas Death Match between James Storm and Chris Harris. Bloody brilliant match from start to finish and almost made me forget about the disaster that was the blindfold match.Part 1Part 2

That is indeed a fantastic match. TNA have had some terrific No Dq matches like that, like Sabu/Abyss barbed wire board and AJ and Daniels/LAX from that time period. It got a bit much around 07 when thumbtacks and broken glass were thrown around every few weeks willy-nilly.Right now I'm watching the "Cookiegate" thing TNA did where they went over to the WWE's crew while filming their Rumble 05 West Side Story stuff, and as juvenile as it is, some of the stuff is pretty funny, like R-Truth and Road Dogg's lines ('We will steal your mahi-mahi'). I'm assuming Rey is one of the WWE guys blurred out who hugs K-Dogg but who else from WWE is on the footage?Footage here. Ignore the horrible attempt to keep kayfabe that occurs on the DVD it is taken from.Also, the first ever TNA match (Flying Elvises vs AJ/Lynn/lKi) remains one of the most fun matches to watch over again, just ten minutes of super quick action and when I saw it first time years ago, it was a breath of fresh air to the style of match WWE were putting on, especially before I saw ROH and all the other indies crop up. It helps that it in a proper arena in front of a big crowd who you can tell are just blown away by it.

All the ace pushes. Okay, they fuck virtually all of them up in record times, but who wasn't excited in a "Oh my god, he's going to be the next Rock/Steve Austin/Hogan x 800000 at this rate" about all of these at one point or another:

- Ron 'The Truth' Killings

- Monty Brown

- Chris Harris

- LAX

- MCMG

- Samoa Joe

- The Pope (especially The Pope. Fuck me they dropped the ball there)

- Desmond Wolfe

- Beer Money (2008-2009)

- The British Invasion

And endless others I've forgotten.

• Awards Moderator

I'm pretty sure people soured on Sonny Siaki for breaking Candido's leg, which inevitably led to his death. He did end up in one of WWE's Developmental territories but either left or was kicked. I remember him trying to raise money for his brother who was left homeless by some natural disaster.

Speaking of Candido, his final run in TNA in 2005 was pretty damned good. Even after he broke his leg, he was doing the crazy man in a wheelchair thing and managing to make The Naturals (who I always wanted to like for some reason) more interesting than they were.

• Paid Members

I'm pretty sure people soured on Sonny Siaki for breaking Candido's leg, which inevitably led to his death. He did end up in one of WWE's Developmental territories but either left or was kicked. I remember him trying to raise money for his brother who was left homeless by some natural disaster.

Speaking of Candido, his final run in TNA in 2005 was pretty damned good. Even after he broke his leg, he was doing the crazy man in a wheelchair thing and managing to make The Naturals (who I always wanted to like for some reason) more interesting than they were.
I'd forgotten about this. Yet more proof, if you need it, that wheelchairs in wrestling = comedy gold.

It's a concept that screams overbooking, but is always brilliant, usually thanks to Jarrett. Sting's dive off the top of the holding cell a few years ago was a genuine holy-shit moment.

Archived