WWE selling anti Cena shirts

Dreamers of Dreams

http://www.wweshop.com/item/anti-john-cena...hnCena/01-15691

It seems strange that WWE are selling an anti superstar shirt. I guess that they going to milk this Cena vs the hate storyline now.

Some will say "it's a sign of the heel turn", but anyone with a bit of sense will say it's just a major cash in by the WWE, think about it, now even non cena fans will be wearing a cena shirt!

• Replies 57
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Paid Members

It's not strange, it's fucking genius. There are a vocal number of people that despise WWE's biggest cash cow. Here is the method to which they can make money off said people. Part with your hard-earned cash to voice your disapproval at our constant pushing of the man you hate!

The question isn't why they have done this, it's why they didn't do it sooner.

It's not strange, it's fucking genius. There are a vocal number of people that despise WWE's biggest cash cow. Here is the method to which they can make money off said people. Part with your hard-earned cash to voice your disapproval at our constant pushing of the man you hate!

The question isn't why they have done this, it's why they didn't do it sooner.

Thanks for just re-writting what I had already written in the original post :confused:

I can't see it taking off like they would probably hope it does. I'm sure some will plop down for one but I wouldn't expect it to overtake Punk's shirt as the uniform of the jaded masses.

There is another possible reason why WWE are starting to do this. What if the aim is to gobble up the dissention, make it an official part of the WWE Universe, and sell it back to the people who are so cool for school that they'll just stop getting fucked off at Cena and actually get tired of the hate?

• Paid Members
Thanks for just re-writting what I had already written in the original post :confused:

You're very welcome.

And the anti Cena lot will show Cena just how much they hate him by buying a shirt which he will get royalties from

I'm going to take a stab in the dark that this is sarcasm, which as we all should know doesn't always quite translate in the written form. You're probably being too generous when it comes to the intelligence of CENA HATERZ!1 - after all, we already know they will happily pay money to get their own anti-Cena shirts printed.

There's some daft fans out there who will buy it.

There we go. This is a t-shirt aimed at the mental cripples. Those that don't understand the mechanics of the business, that they are actually adding to Cena's gravy train rather than detracting from it. That don't understand WWE as a business, that the best way to voice their disapproval for Cena would be not spending money on the product all while's on top.

Hell, I'm not that keen on participating in an argument that the people that would buy a "Cena Sucks" shirt are morons, and they are likely to actually think that Cena DOES suck, therefore anyone that thinks Cena sucks is a moron that doesn't understand wrestling, but..... I'd sure like to throw it out there.

"popcorn gif"!!!!!111

EDIT - apologies, now batting for the morons,

I'm I read somewhere on the web that wwe sold out of that Cena Sucks shirt?

There is another possible reason why WWE are starting to do this. What if the aim is to gobble up the dissention, make it an official part of the WWE Universe, and sell it back to the people who are so cool for school that they'll just stop getting fucked off at Cena and actually get tired of the hate?

You many of a point

<-- click on 'spoiler' to show/hide the spoiler

Look as Raw when they were told to chant "Cena Sucks" hardly anybody did it may prove some are just doing to be "cool" and rebel against what WWE wants them to do

[close spoiler]

");document.close();

• Paid Members

Look as Raw when they were told to chant "Cena Sucks" hardly anybody did it may prove some are just doing to be "cool" and rebel against what WWE wants them to do

[close spoiler]

");document.close();

By "rebelling" against what the WWE wants, they are refusing to boo the top babyface star? i.e. the chap they position as top "good guy" that gets all the cheers? By not going along with what a heel asks them to do? Explain that one again slowly for me please, with pictures.

[close spoiler]

");document.close();

[close spoiler]

");document.close();

By "rebelling" against what the WWE wants, they are refusing to boo the top babyface star? i.e. the chap they position as top "good guy" that gets all the cheers? By not going along with what a heel asks them to do? Explain that one again slowly for me please, with pictures.

[close spoiler]

");document.close();

I meant they they do boo him they are only doing it to rebel now WWE seems to want them to it's not quite as cool anymore

[close spoiler]

");document.close();

• Paid Members

According to Cena on twitter, WWE wanted to put these out in 2008 but Cena told them "no". For whatever reason, he changed his mind and gave this shirt a thumbs up.

Maybe he realised the money he can make off of them lot...

0020zky5.jpg

I think a lot of the reason for the fans lack of reaction at the end had to do with the shite start to Kane's promo. The guy want on forever about nothing and the fans clearly zoned out. If Kane got to the point quicker, I feel they would have reacted the way WWE were hoping.

[close spoiler]

");document.close();

I don't think it's that hard to understand. Spaz fans want to stick a finger up to WWE and the Cena era. They boo Cena when they would be expected to cheer him on. When they are given on open opportunity and prompt to boo him in what they sense is a storyline milking creative content out of what was their own little thing they're less eager about it.

You have to think about it in context. Obviously "rebelling by not doing what a heel asks them to do?" sounds absurd.

Although Blackson Jackson has a good point as well.

[close spoiler]

");document.close();

Archived