WWE selling anti Cena shirts

Dreamers of Dreams

• Replies 57
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Its a difficult argument though. You get some fans acting like twats about Cena for example swearing abuse at him when hes on his way to the ring or putting there fingers up which is abit uncalled for when you've got children around. But other fans just want a change and it's becoming more vocal (Although both of whom may buy his t-shirt,

And the anti Cena lot will show Cena just how much they hate him by buying a shirt which he will get royalties from

Like air raid I dont know if youre being serious or not, but I dont think anti Cena fans are that stupid, most of all the shirt looks like crap anyway, they should have had Cena-Nexus t-shirts, forcing Cena to come out covered in anti-Cena gear, Nexus branded, it would have made his time being a Nexus slave even more entertaining and I think fans the anti ones would have bought into it much more than this.

What I find funny is that on that same page it also has;

YOU MAY ALSO LIKE

*Rise above the hate t-shirts/gear pictures*

Reminds me of colonel Tom Parker.

He managed elvis, and sold "I hate elvis" and "i love elvis" badges.

Made money from both sides of the fence.

People love to hate things," screw wwe, screw pg, screw cena, I'm going to buy my I hate you tshirt, that will show em!"

Wwe must know how retarded there fans are.

im not going to buy one even though i am tempted as wwe are very smart.

hear me out the crowd have been booing that guy for nearly 2 years now it has gotten quite uncomfortable to watch in some matches cos i realy feel for the guy. That being said i still don't like him because he docent entertain me so why would i still pay money for a shirt with his face on that he will get the money for. i think this is just another excuse for wwe to make money out of cena and not turn him heel personally

The fans who boo Cena buy tickets to do so, and Cena makes more of the ticket money than any other wrestler. If they really hated Cena and weren't willing to play along, they'd just do something else instead of watching wrestling.

But how many people go to a WWE show to just see one guy?

A fan who doesn't like Cena might love Triple H, or Orton, or Sheamus, or Rey or whoever. Going to a live WWE show is all about the whole experience, not just loving one bloke in the main event.

• Paid Members
That being said i still don't like him because he docent entertain me so why would i still pay money for a shirt with his face on that he will get the money for.

If you were a fucking moron.

im not going to buy one even though i am tempted as wwe are very smart.

But thankfully, you were only *tempted* to be a fucking moron.

it's just fun, showing their feelings on the product just the same as people wearing a shirt of a wrestler they like.

That's pretty much my thoughts on it, it's just a bit of panto fun. Personally I think the shirts fuck ugly anyway but if folk want to buy them for a bit of a laugh and get in to the spirit of booing the good guy then fair enough. Anybody who seriously buys one because they think they're sticking it to the man can get in the queue for a verbal pasting from Air_Raid.

Come to think of it, seeing as they do shirts for wrestlers we like why haven't they caught on and made shirts for wrestlers you hate before now? I'm sure there'd be a huge market for a "Rey Mysterio is a crappy Mexican midget and I hate his smelly poo poo face" shirt. It definately would appeal to some of the CENA SUX!!1! lot, particularly the ones waering hats with propelors on the top with foreheads that keep the rain off their feet.

• Paid Members

Why is there the assumption on here that if someone hates Cena then they're automatically an idiot? This reaction to Cena isn't a new thing & given the amount of time he's been getting an 'anti-reaction' WWE are incredibly late to the party to try & capitalise on this. Maybe, just maybe the people who are booing Cena when WWE wants to you cheer him aren't trying to be 'cool', they just genuinely dislike him being forced down their throats?

I rarely watch WWE programming these days but I'd be lying if I said the relentless pushing of Cena wasn't a big turn-off for me. There's obviously an awful lot of people who are still fans of WWE but feel the same way, instead of just tuning out they're voicing their disapproval at live events.

Why is there the assumption on here that if someone hates Cena then they're automatically an idiot?

I think you've missed air_raid's point, for the most part. His point was that if someone's of the ZOMG SUPERMAN CENA GETS SHOVED DOWN OUR THROATS HE CAN'T WORK mindset, they'd have to be a bit thick to buy a t-shirt he's getting royalties from. Though I'm in the same camp as Pritt Stick, I reckon a lot of the people booing Cena aren't of that STOP PUSHING HIM HE IS RUINING WRESTLING mindset, they're just having fun at the show. And in that respect, buying a shirt that goes along with the side you pick in the duelling chants makes for a great souvenir.

I think this shirt, like the Johnny Ace one recently, is a great concept let down by a lazy as fuck design. I saw a picture on Facebook the other day of someone wearing a "Keep Hating Cena" shirt in the same style as the "Rise Above Hate" shirt, and it looked a lot better than this official one.

Archived