WWE selling anti Cena shirts

Dreamers of Dreams

The matches with Punk were OK, far from classic in my opinion. CM Punk can carry any promo, I think Cena's contribution was average.

Cena went through a number of looks early on, and his character has now outgrown the attire. Same way Kane outgrew the tights/no mask look, Taker has outgrown the deadman gimmick, Austin always had something else going on.

Just my opinion but for someone in the 21st century to have as much attention on his character and the most he does to build it is ask the chemist to 'dye it purple' this month? Not for me.

• Replies 57
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Moderators
Zero effort goes into his matches, appearance or promos.

Oh, now come on. He's had a stellar year match wise, he's rejigged from jorts to combats if that's what you mean by appearance (as there is surely no way on earth you mean his physique), and he was pulling out some stonking promos on the road to Mania that put me squarely on #TeamCena. Cena's had yet another more than decent year.

• Paid Members

Oh, now come on. He's had a stellar year match wise, he's rejigged from jorts to combats if that's what you mean by appearance (as there is surely no way on earth you mean his physique), and he was pulling out some stonking promos on the road to Mania that put me squarely on #TeamCena. Cena's had yet another more than decent year.

I think he's been utterly superb this year and I think anyone would be mental to put most of the credit for his feud with CM Punk on Punk's shoulders. It was at least a 50/50 split, they both played off each other superbly, at the start of the year and then into the summer, of course. In fact, I think their stuff could be among my favourite ever things in wrestling. He's had other great matches as well, not least with Del Rio in a busted ring and I thought that the feud with The Miz was far better than many have given it credit for.

I think it has certainly been one of his best years and he's finished it strongly, too, with playing very niftily to some subtle heel turn messages. 5 years ago I detested him. Now I think he's excellent.

Dingo, you're ace, but I'd appreciate it if you could put some pronunciation in your sig please. A : or a , between "Mouse" and "the" and a capital T for "the" would be a tremendous start. Capitals for "Greatest Tag Team" would be even better.

Other than that, keep up the good work.

Dingo, you're ace, but I'd appreciate it if you could put some pronunciation in your sig please. A : or a , between "Mouse" and "the" and a capital T for "the" would be a tremendous start. Capitals for "Greatest Tag Team" would be even better.

Other than that, keep up the good work.

You must be a John Cena fan then, you could not ask for a better role model.

• Paid Members
Mickey Mouse can't work. The only reason he's on top is because Walt kept shoving him down our throats, while real talents like Pluto barely got screen time.

Things would be different if Hanna-Barbera had the pen..

Hanna-Barbera was the WCW of cartoons. Shit loads on that roster doing fuck all. Breezly and Sneezly were like the Disorderly Conduct of that gaff.

• Paid Members

(wakes up)

What? My moron alarm is going off.

DEFINITELY. CM Punk had that fantastic match at Money In The Bank all by himself, didn't he? And everyone was frothing at the gash in the build-up to 'Mania because of the verbal sparring between The Rock and Miz, weren' t they?

I'm not the biggest Cena fan, far from it. But reading that sentence was the biggest waste of time in the history of my life.

John Cena and Mickey Mouse the world

Archived