Jump to content

Recommended Posts

  • Replies 56
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

  • Paid Members
Posted

CM Punk

Dolph Ziggler

 

And my third nomination at this late hour is a "wasted" one, but I still feel compelled to mention the man I think has consistently held the most exciting blinders... and that's Hiroshi Tanahashi.

 

I'm surprised none of the other puro fans have mentioned him, because he has been incredible all year opposite Bernard, Nakamura, Naito, Nagata, Yano and others. He's told so many different stories - fighting with heart against the bigger and stronger Bernard, smug and overconfident and borderline heelish a few times during the G1, knackered and mistake-prone in the latter stages of the tourney "playing badly but still winning, what champions are made of" and perplexed antihero in his match with Yano at Korakuen, not unlike Cena/RVD from One Night Stand 2006. He's carried both title and company on his shoulders assuredly and above all else delivered exciting matches all year. He's been the man.

Guest
This topic is now closed to further replies.
×
×
  • Create New...