Fantasy Twitter

Frankie Crisp

• Awards Moderator

I was having a think the other day about how ludicrous it is that we can find out what celebrities who many of us hold in high esteem are up to, without us being placed in some kind of high security building. Then I started thinking about celebrities from years ago, before Twitter and even the Internet was about, who I'd have loved to have followed and kept an eye on, whether it be what they were up to in the studio, what they had for their tea or which other celebrities they thought were tits.

Aside from the predictable Lennon and Harrison which you'd expect me to say, Cary Grant was the first person who sprung to mind. I like to think that anything he had to say would have been gold, no matter how banal the subject.

George Best would've been brilliant, especially if he gave a candid, no hold barred account of his antics when he was twatted. Muhammad Ali would've been another cracker.

There are probably loads more who'll pop in to my head but what about you lot? Who was about too early for such public availability who you would think would be entertaining no matter what they had to say?

• Awards Moderator

Spike Milligan would just pour gold into it, along with Peter Cook.

Comedians aside, Kubrick could've been interesting. You'd see the same Tweet appear then be deleted over 100 times until it was just right.

Archived