Greatest Ever Worked Shoot?

IronSheik

Having watched the original One Night Stand recently for the first time in absolutely ages, Heyman's worked shoot promo towards the Raw & SmackDown invaders doesn't hold up very well. In fact, it's aged horribly. The majority of Internet fans at the time summed up in an eight minute segment.

This, a hundred times. I watched the DVD a couple of weeks back for the first time in a couple of years and a suprisingly large portion of the show hasn't aged well at all. I thought exactly the same as you did when I watched the Heyman promo and found it hard not to side with the WWE Crusade.

Hogan sued WCW over it. The laying down in the ring wasnt real (which was obvious considering they did the same angle with Hogan a few months before), but the promo Russo did was a shoot.

Yep. There's no way Hogan would ever allow the things that were said in that promo to air, given his iron-clad 'creative control' clause.

Hogan sued WCW over it. The laying down in the ring wasnt real (which was obvious considering they did the same angle with Hogan a few months before), but the promo Russo did was a shoot.

Yep. There's no way Hogan would ever allow the things that were said in that promo to air, given his iron-clad 'creative control' clause.

don't know this one. Anymore detail?

• Paid Members
Was the Piper / Russo rant in early TNA a worked shoot???? Seems like an out and out shoot!? Pretty intense from Piper. Fucked up, but you couldn't take your eyes off it.

Of course it was a work. They wouldnt have shown it otherwise. I thought Piper came across as a pathetic and desperate old cunt in that. He was promoting a book which was 90% about dead wrestlers. Wrestling at its worst for me.

Was the Piper / Russo rant in early TNA a worked shoot???? Seems like an out and out shoot!? Pretty intense from Piper. Fucked up, but you couldn't take your eyes off it.

Of course it was a work. They wouldnt have shown it otherwise. I thought Piper came across as a pathetic and desperate old cunt in that. He was promoting a book which was 90% about dead wrestlers. Wrestling at its worst for me.

Go easy on Piper, after all, Russo did kill hid cousin Owen.... ??'?' what the fuck was THAT all about!? I was totally fooled by that at the time.

How does Creative Control clauses work? OK say Russo did shoot on him and Hulk didn't 'ok' it, how would he ok it? Wrestling is changing all the time, scripts change, matches change, outcomes change. So how would Hogan prove to a judge that he either OK'd or didn't OK a promo? Would he sign something or have a special contract made for each little thing he does on the show? He couldn't prove it in a court anyway. Just like if Hogan got screwed in the ring somehow during a match. How could Hogan prove to a judge that he was supposed to win the match and was 'screwed' since i'm guessing most match finishes are discussed via word of mouth, not something written on paper or in contracts.

Very hard to prove or disprove and i never understood the need for creative control clauses. The absolute worst that could happen is the wrestler refusing to do anything you ask them but when you get them in that ring, in front of a TV audience.....there's very little that wrestler can do back to you no matter what you do to them.

Archived