Summer Festivals 2012

Harvey Dent

I would expect some of the Rock AM announced bands to be on for Download as well.

Also worth noting that Download put a FB status up regarding the announcement of the bands on Monday with the final words being Bring the Noise....

I'm hoping this is a clue as to Anthrax being one of the sub headliners. Perhaps before Metallica?

• Replies 321
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Paid Members

Anthrax are nowhere near big enough to headline 2nd at Download. They play Academy venues at best, recent 2nd stage headliners have either been 'legends' like Alice Cooper or arena bands 30STM, Prodigy, Motely Crue (played arenas on their own in 08 before DL in 09), BFMV.

IMO Anthrax could sub-2nd or play 4th (3rd at a push) on main.

I reckon Anthrax could be a good shout for Download, not that high up though. Maybe 4th from Top main? I'll probably be grabbing a weekend arena ticket now as I'll be living not too far away by then.

I am booking up for Rock am Ring tonight though which I cannot wait for. Always wanted to go and last years planned excursion was severely fucked in the ass when they announced Coldplay and Kings of Fucking Leon as headliners.

I seriously had to google Chase and Status, friday main stage is dance/techno/whatever day I guess. Soundgarden and Tenacious D are great, but Download has a knack of stupid placings on the bill so they'll probably clash. I like Biffy Clyro but I've seen them a lot so I'm not bothered.

• Paid Members

I really like Chase & Status, but are they not a little out of place on that festival?

Come on Dent, aren't you going to chuck Global Gathering into your original post? I'll do the digging around for all the details if you want. It is a pretty big festival, just exclusive to dance music.

Archived