Summer Festivals 2012

Harvey Dent

• Replies 321
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • 2 weeks later...

Isle of Wight 2012Fri - Tom Petty and the HeartbreakersSat - Pearl JamSun = Bruce Springsteen and the E Street BandI'm there.

Fuck, thats awesome! I'll be looking at going too, Pearl Jam have only announced that and a headline date at the MEN so far, so maybe they'll do Sonisphere or something. A Tom Petty show is way, way overdue so its great to see him there. Whats IOW like as a fest?

Isle of Wight 2012Fri - Tom Petty and the HeartbreakersSat - Pearl JamSun = Bruce Springsteen and the E Street BandI'm there.

Fuck, thats awesome! I'll be looking at going too, Pearl Jam have only announced that and a headline date at the MEN so far, so maybe they'll do Sonisphere or something. A Tom Petty show is way, way overdue so its great to see him there. Whats IOW like as a fest?
Coming from the island I'm probably biased but I think it's great. Smaller than Reading but larger than say Guilfest. It's got two large stages and one smaller stage, with a few bars that have entertainment too. There's a large fun fair field (strawberry fields) that stays open till about 2am. It's about a 15min walk from Newport town center so not far to go if you can't stomach the toilets onsite.After not being able to book the weekend off fully for the past couple years I wasn't holding out much on this year. Just found out I was lucky enough to get it this time and with Petty announced I'm definatly going. Just not sure whether to camp or not. :sneaky:

Isle of Wight 2012

Fri - Tom Petty and the Heartbreakers

Sat - Pearl Jam

Sun = Bruce Springsteen and the E Street Band

I'm there.

Coming from the island I'm probably biased but I think it's great. Smaller than Reading but larger than say Guilfest. It's got two large stages and one smaller stage, with a few bars that have entertainment too. There's a large fun fair field (strawberry fields) that stays open till about 2am. It's about a 15min walk from Newport town center so not far to go if you can't stomach the toilets onsite.

After not being able to book the weekend off fully for the past couple years I wasn't holding out much on this year. Just found out I was lucky enough to get it this time and with Petty announced I'm definatly going. Just not sure whether to camp or not. :sneaky:

Awesome, I booked up my weekend tickets today. I haven't even been to the Isle of Wight since I was a kid.

Isle of Wight 2012

Fri - Tom Petty and the Heartbreakers

Sat - Pearl Jam

Sun = Bruce Springsteen and the E Street Band

I'm there.

Coming from the island I'm probably biased but I think it's great. Smaller than Reading but larger than say Guilfest. It's got two large stages and one smaller stage, with a few bars that have entertainment too. There's a large fun fair field (strawberry fields) that stays open till about 2am. It's about a 15min walk from Newport town center so not far to go if you can't stomach the toilets onsite.

After not being able to book the weekend off fully for the past couple years I wasn't holding out much on this year. Just found out I was lucky enough to get it this time and with Petty announced I'm definatly going. Just not sure whether to camp or not. :sneaky:

Awesome, I booked up my weekend tickets today. I haven't even been to the Isle of Wight since I was a kid.

Samesies.

I can't wait, I actually feel like I'm buzzing. That is literally my like dream festival line-up. Haven't been to IOW Festival before, but im imaginging its fairly chilled(am i right, someone?) and much better than Reading etc??

I can't say it's better than Reading I like the fact there's more stages to choose from at Reading and you can always find a band to watch that may be of some interest. There's more to do away from the music at IOW, the night life is better too, we always ended up in the campsite at Reading because the only things to do was watch a film in the cinema tent or go to the comedy stage. IOW has a ton of late night bars, clubs, rides, stages, stalls etc. :sneaky:

Rock AM Ring have officially confirmed Soundgarden, as well as a bunch of other bands. The lineup is now:

As I Lay Dying

Billy Talent

Deichkind

Dick Brave & the Backbeats

Die Toten Hosen

Donots

Enter Shikari

Gossip

Guano Apes

Kasabian

Killswitch Engage

Lamb Of God

Lexy & K-Paul

Linkin Park

Machine Head

Marilyn Manson

Metallica

MIA.

Mot

• 4 weeks later...

On monday night Download are announcing 14 new bands on Radio 1. Zane Lowe is announcing the 3 mainstays subheadliners and a second stage headliner and then nearer midnight the other guy is announcing the remaining bands, one of which will be a 3rd stage headliner.

Also on Monday, Scuzz tv are playing 13 different bands from 9pm, one of which is the first Sonisphere headliner.

So yeah, lots of fannying about in announcing bands once again.

I'm off to Groezrock at the end of April. Lagwagon, Refused, Gorilla Biscuits, Unwritten Law, 7 Seconds, Bouncing Souls, The Bronx, Bigwig, Off With Their Heads plus tons more. Plus it's dirt cheap by comparison to festivals here- the ticket, ferry to ostend, and petrol money for the mate that's driving still comes to less per person than a Reading ticket.

Archived