Pacquiao V Marquez 3

fugaziuk

What a night of fights its going to be - we have Cain v JDS shortly followed by the third match between two of my fav boxers Pac & JMM.

I know the other two fights were fairly close but that was a few years ago now and you would be a fool to bet against the Pac-man - so im going for a UD to Pacquiao.

What do you guys think?

• Replies 31
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Pacquiao by wide UD. He'll just be too quick, outwork him for 8 or 9 rounds then step off the gas so Marquez can go the distance-a'la Mosley, Margarito etc.

As I always say, watching Pacquiao fight these days is like watching the Undertaker at Wrestlemania. It's usually a really good and exciting fight, bar the odd stinker (see Big Bossman/Mosley), but its spoiled by the fact you know he is going to win before they even step in to the ring.

Anyone think Pac-Man will stop JMM ?

Honestly, no. Unless he bangs him out early but I just can't see it. As I mentioned above, Pac's developed a habit over the last couple of years of not finishing his opponents off when he has the chance to in the later rounds, probably because he wants them to last the distance. And there is no bad blood between the pair so I imagine the same thing will happen tonight.

• Paid Members

Yeah I'm going with Pac by decision. Love to see Marquez finally pull it off but it's less likely now than it was a few years back imo. Since their last fight Pacquiao has looked unstoppable and I can't help feel Marquez's age might be catching up to him.

Still, I can't see how this won't be a good fight, their styles should pretty much guarantee this won't disappoint like Pac/Mosely or Clottey. Marquez will be up for this because he feels like he was robbed in the previous fights. Pacquiao seems unusally pissed off to me in the 24/7 episodes aswell. I can't wait for this fight.

• Paid Members

Weigh in pic

132352332_extra_large_large.jpg

Pacquiao came in at 143 and Marquez was 142. So both came in under the 144 weight limit. I've said this before that I really don't think weight will matter in this one. They've always both been pretty much the same size no matter what weigh they've fought at.

I think age might fuck Marquez more than weight to be honest. Just feels like Manny's time.

• Paid Members

SPOILERS obviously

Absolute bollocks. I'll rewatch it tomorrow but I had it 8-4 Marquez, maybe 7-5 at a push. As soon as they announced one judge had it a draw I suspected something dodgy was gonna happen.

Feel really bad for Marquez. He put on a fucking tremendous performance and gave a masterclass in timing, counter fighting and controlled aggression. I never thought he had a showing like that left in him. Pacman rarely got into the fight.

Had to laugh at Khan saying he had Marquez winning before the scores were read, then when they announced Pac won he said 'well, it was a really close fight'. I like Khan but come on man.

I thought Marquez won the 2nd fight but had no problem with Pac winning cos that was razor close. This was a clear Marquez win for me, no question about it.

Arum is full of shit post fight as usual. 'Pacquiao clearly won, some people here, mostly Mexicans had Marquez winning'. Well Bob, my name ain't Pedro and to my eyes Marquez won that one aswell.

Gotta say this reeks of them trying to save the big Floyd-Manny mega fight to me. Well dodgy.

• Paid Members

wow, my jaw dropped when they read that decision. I dunno if i was swayed by the Primetime commentary but i had Marquez winning comfortably by about 4-5 rounds, his counterpunching was on point all night.

As soon as i read the draw first i knew something was up.

Archived