GTAV

Astro Hollywood

• Moderators
Great stuff, can't wait for this. I think Kiffy summed it up best with:

Cos 4 wasn't really a massive step up from 3, certainly not in the same league as the difference between 2 and 3.

I think graphically it was a massive, massive step (again as expected). You play GTA4, then go back to play San Andreas straight after. I struggled.

Must admit haven't played andreas in ages, but the only real update seemed to be the graphics. Which you would expect. Game play wise it didn't seem better, in fact if anything it almost went backwards. Less to do, less size, I was expecting something mindblowing. And got something that looked alot better.

Though as matey probably rightly said, it might be silly to expect a similar leap as there was between 2-3.

It was a huge step up. I think that, like with how everyone seemed to turn on it three weeks after it came out, was down to the absolutely fucking insane hype. There was no way GTA 4 could have ever lived up to most people's expectations.

Hope it's not a return to San Andreas, it's my least favourite Grand Theft Auto out of the Grand Theft Auto games I've played (III, Vice City, San Andreas, and IV). IV lacked something with me unlike III and Vice City which remain two of my favourite ever games.

Can't wait to see the trailer.

Edited by The Natural

• Moderators
In terms of graphics undoubtedly so. And if you were one of the people who preferred the way the new cars handled, then in terms of that as well.

But what else did they improve on?

Like someone said, play them both, one after the other. The physics are on totally different levels. IV has so much physical impact on crashes and gunplay. There's not lot of places you can go as far as the mechanics of how GTA works, so that's how the games are going to improve. The missions were the big let-down, for sure. Too one-parted (horribly worded), if that makes sense.

First game to get me excited since RDR. I love the series and loved GTA4 both times I played through it. That city is alive.

I didn't have much of an issue with the missions at all. I never once found the game boring, the addition of a little RPG to it was nice. A little bit more of that would be welcome (a bit like RDR). Some great characters too. Lickle Jacob FTW!

I have also just squirted over the thought of GTA city being over run by zombies.

• Paid Members

I would love a return to San Andreas. I still harbour a lingering hope for a San Andreas Stories that I know will never happen. Even the gym glitch couldn't spoil that game for me.

I have also just squirted over the thought of GTA city being over run by zombies.

Christ, no. I'm fucking sick of zombies.

Edited by Gladstone Small

I would love a return to San Andreas. I still harbour a lingering hope for a San Andreas Stories that I know will never happen. Even the gym glitch couldn't spoil that game for me.

Christ, no. I'm fucking sick of zombies.

Remember the glitch in SA that allowed you to get to Saint Mark's Bistro from GTA III? A massive effort, with very little reward, but still really cool.

I've not played enough games with zombies in them for it to bother me. Only Deadrising, L4D & Undead Nightmare.

Edited by Steve Justice

• Paid Members

Zombies, fuck yeah that would be awesome :)

Can't wait for the trailer. I did enjoy GTAIV, it kept me entertained enough to want to finish the game and also to play the DLC (Which was probably better than the main game itself to be honest.)

My main problem was there was too much drive to A, kill, Drive back. It gets too samey, a bit more variety akin to RDR would do me.

Edited by Mr Stu

San Andreas never clicked for me from the location, how the cars controlled, the atmosphere, the characters etc.

San Andreas is by far my favourite of the series, but I guess that comes down to how much you dig the setting. I should have been born a black LA gangster, so it was perfect for me.

I know I'm in the small minority who doesn't rate it. For that reason I disagree with those who rate it at the best in the series when for me it's Grand Theft Auto: Vice City.

For sandbox games the location is crucial to ones enjoyment so I wonder what said location will be.