GTAV

Astro Hollywood

• Paid Members
Confession: I never did do those two awful Zero missions.

Haha. My SA map always had a "Z" on it too. Dropping bombs on the lorries drove me insane.

SA was probably my favourite overall, but they've all been fantastic to me. The gameplay has steadily improved with each game. The cover button in GTA4 being especially useful and added some strategy to gunfights.

My excitement at the new trailer made me buy Gay Tony & L&D instantly. Ive been delaying the purchase for about a year, now I want my hit!

San Andreas has always been my favourite. just an incredible amount of things to do with a great storyline that was great to get into. Samuel L Jackson and James Woods were perfect for their roles. Woods especially.

must admit ive always had a soft spot for vice city stories. a great storyline, another 80's soundtrack, great variation on the gang territory system and there was a mission where you had to stop phil collins getting assainated while he was singing which was just brill

i too am still waiting for San Andreas Stories. Hope the success of red dead mean theyve gone all out on this one. they always try and go further with each different game.

really looking forward to it

• Paid Members

There are two areas GTA haven't gone back to

1: The abortion that was 'future set' GTA 2

and more importantly

2:

gtallogo.jpg

If you want an 'era' to the game, can you think of any better type of iconic era than 60s London?

Mods Vs Rockers

Kray Twin type gang lords

Vehicles like Scooters/bikes/minis/e-types/db5s

A baby Kent Paul who's dad can be voiced by Phil Daniels (Imagine the voice talent that could be available!)

Movie links to Quadrophenia/Alfie/Withnail and I etc etc

THE FUCKING SOUNDTRACK!!!

It would be immense.

• Moderators
That mission in SA where you had to bounce the cars hydraulics dance mat style drove me utterly fucking BONKERS. Every faq and message board post contradicted each other. 'Do it the music!" They said. "Do it to the onscreen visual!" They said. I wanted to hurt people.

Haha, I remember at the time that was a hugely divisive thing on the UKFF. Some people - like me - were cool cats who did that with ease the first time, while others had no rhythm at all and swore they'd have to throw the game out of the window because they'd never, ever be able to get past it.

We all know I'm a cool cat anyway but cheers for validating it, Woy. Kendal, honestly, you're the first person I've heard that had bother with that level. For me, and others, "All you had to do was follow the train" are words etched into my soul.

• Paid Members

Yeah, you definitely had to do that to the on-screen visuals. Again, though, it's one of those missions that some people piss through and other can't do at all.

One mission that I loved San Andreas that doesn't get mentioned much was the Brown Streak cargo mission. Always enjoyed that despite how easy it was for some reason.

For me, and others, "All you had to do was follow the train" are words etched into my soul.

If my wife really wants to wind me up, she just recites that line to me.

Edited by Gladstone Small

• Moderators

As I'm likely to do, I wrote a quick blog about various GTA stuff.

favourite moment of GTA4 was the mission 'three leaf clover' where you had to rob the bank with the irish fellas (name escapes me)

like a final mission but right in the middle. epic as hell.still can't believe i did it on the first time.

For some reason that took me at least a dozen attempts. And most of those were due to really stupid mistakes on my part. It's a great concept for a level, and the first time I did it, I thought "I'll probably make a special save point for this, so I can do it again!" By the time I actually finished that mission, I didn't bother with the special save point. Although partially that's because it was the mission I'd done a bunch of times already when my first Xbox died and ate my saves, and when I eventually got around to starting GTA 4 from scratch, I managed to keep fucking up again, instantly getting more and more frustrated. All I could think was that I almost got away the first time, then I crashed into a concrete divider and stalled, and my console died :angry:

I think why that sucked so much is 90% down to the fact it's one of those missions that starts with a long, unskippable drive with a bunch of dialogue in the car on the way over. I heard that conversation so many times. That added so much extra pressure, and every time I fucked it up, I was just thinking "DEAR GOD, I HAVE TO HEAR IT ALL AGAIN".

Edited by Woyzeck