WWE Ratings/Buyrates 2011

tiger_rick

• Paid Members

Am I right in thinking I've come into a thread about WWE buyrates and read HUGE spoilers for Survivor Series? If so thanks very much*

*sarcasm

• Replies 70
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Am I right in thinking I've come into a thread about WWE buyrates and read HUGE spoilers for Survivor Series?

No. Survivor Series hasn't happened yet. You might be thinking of this week's Smackdown, which has already been taped, but there are no spoilers for that in this thread either, so I don't know what the fuck you're on about really.

• Paid Members
Am I right in thinking I've come into a thread about WWE buyrates and read HUGE spoilers for Survivor Series?

No. Survivor Series hasn't happened yet. You might be thinking of this week's Smackdown, which has already been taped, but there are no spoilers for that in this thread either, so I don't know what the fuck you're on about really.

I'm talking about this,

I imagine the 174,000 bump for Wrestlemania is Rock oriented. If that is the case there's not a chance in hell I'd have spunked his first match in 7 years or so on Survivor Series this year.

It's looking even more outrageous now when it seems he's only going to be on the Raw before Survivor Series and that's it. They've not even started the build to him wrestling at Survivor Series yet anyway, and it's only just over 4 weeks away, Rock returning to the ring for the first time in 7 years should be being heavily hyped already.

If that's not a spoiler then I apologies but it certainly reads as if it is. For both the RAW before and Survivor Series.

• Paid Members
It's certainly not a spoiler for Survivor Series. It's been getting hyped for long enough.

What that the Rock is wrestling at Survivor Series? I'm pretty sure I'd have remembered that if it had been announced.

• Paid Members
It's certainly not a spoiler for Survivor Series. It's been getting hyped for long enough.

What that the Rock is wrestling at Survivor Series? I'm pretty sure I'd have remembered that if it had been announced.

He's right. It's been hyped on Twitter, WWE have been hyping it - it's not a spoiler at all I'm afraid. I kinda wish it had been kept under wraps so I could enjoy the surprise of the announcement, but no, it's public knowledge.

Pretty sure it's already been advertised and he's been posting in ring training pics on twitter of him doing the rock bottom etc. don't think it's been mentioned on WWE TV yet to be fair but it is generally known, not like he's going to pop up unannounced on the PPV.

However, as regards the bold part - you could make the exact same argument about premiership football, but still tens of thousands of people hand over their subscription fees for Sky Sports (and, despite the other content on the channels, many of those people pay purely for the football). Of course, football will always be more popular than wrestling, but there's also more ways of watching it without handing over your money to Sky - internet streams, the pub, or simply attending the match in person. But people still pay (and, I'm fairly sure, would if one-off matches became available on a PPV basis), because they're worried they'll miss out on something if they don't.

I see what you are saying - but people wouldn't just pay the subscription for sky sports if it was just football. If this were the case then sky wouldn't bother snapping all the rights to every other sport aswell, they wouldn't have bothered outbidding the bbc for the F1 and so on and so forth. They did try the one off ppv matches a while back and it failed so they dropped it.

However, as regards the bold part - you could make the exact same argument about premiership football, but still tens of thousands of people hand over their subscription fees for Sky Sports (and, despite the other content on the channels, many of those people pay purely for the football). Of course, football will always be more popular than wrestling, but there's also more ways of watching it without handing over your money to Sky - internet streams, the pub, or simply attending the match in person. But people still pay (and, I'm fairly sure, would if one-off matches became available on a PPV basis), because they're worried they'll miss out on something if they don't.

I see what you are saying - but people wouldn't just pay the subscription for sky sports if it was just football. If this were the case then sky wouldn't bother snapping all the rights to every other sport aswell, they wouldn't have bothered outbidding the bbc for the F1 and so on and so forth. They did try the one off ppv matches a while back and it failed so they dropped it.

I think they would. Obviously not all Sky Sports subscribers are there just for football, but I bet you some are.

I got Sky Digital when it came out just for Football and Wrestling. Literally didn't want a single other thing they covered. By expanding to Rugby, F1 etc.. they are just expanding the amount of people who would want their channels. In fact, I'd say it's quite rare to find someone who watches all sports! Most people have Sky Sports for a couple of things that hugely interest them.

• Paid Members

They aired a video at the last PPV saying "FOR THE FIRST TIME IN SEVEN YEARS, THE ROCK RETURNS TO THE RING" and all that. People have talked about it in loads of threads in here.

Archived