top 5 refs

Flash

• Replies 59
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Paid Members

Hebner's been shit for years. That thing he does for any near fall where he nearly falls on his face after a 2 count is really irritating.Nick Patrick's counting always bothered me because it wasn't visible enough. He hardly raised his arm.

• Paid Members

who was that ECW ref who would fast count every finish, near falls were a good consistent count then when it was the finish it was a fucking blur to get the 3 in as quick as possible?I fucking hate that.

Yeah, actually I do see Hebner do that thing where he falls when about to give the 3 count. Is it to tell the wrestler to kick out or something? Like he sometimes puts his hand under the wrestler's shoulder to seemingly tell them to kick out. It'd be fine if it looked like the shoulder might not be on the floor but it definitely is on the floor.I don't understand it. Why would the wrestlers need to know when to kick out? They'd know what the finish is. The ref should know what the finish is. If anything didn't go to plan, they could easily communicate that to the ref. Sometimes, and this doesn't seem to be in WWE, I've seen referees delay on giving the 3 count because they're not sure if it's the finish or not. If they don't kick out, I think it's their fault rather than the ref's. The ref is simply counting to three. You can come up with a makeshift way of dealing with the finish if you've given the win to the wrong person.I've also seen some wrestlers go for a four count. I know sometimes the sound of them dropping to the mat makes it sound like a count has been made but there's times I've seen their hand drop three times and then go for a fourth.What a thrilling geeky thread.

who was that ECW ref who would fast count every finish, near falls were a good consistent count then when it was the finish it was a fucking blur to get the 3 in as quick as possible?I fucking hate that.

I honestly don't think it'd be particularly hard to be a referee. At least not that part. The thing I think I'd find difficult to adapt to is communicating with the wrestlers at parts without giving it away that we're talking about the match. Keeping 'invisible' at the right times might take a bit of getting used to but I don't think it'd be too hard at all.Is the rule of only being allowed on the top rope for 4 seconds still about? And if they're on the top rope for 5 seconds, do they get disqualified?

On the subject of Hebners does any one else get irritated by the sight of Brian Hebners stupid fuckin bright blue soled trainers. Whats the point? Its as if he wears them to draw attention to himself when refs should do anything but take your attention away from the wrestlers.

On the subject of Hebners does any one else get irritated by the sight of Brian Hebners stupid fuckin bright blue soled trainers. Whats the point? Its as if he wears them to draw attention to himself when refs should do anything but take your attention away from the wrestlers.

Is it just him? I did notice that. It's like they've said 'well, we've got blue ring ropes - we've gotta have blue shoes for the refs to fit the colour scheme, haven't we?'

Finally!!!Chris Armstrong grinds my fucking gears. I know I don't post on here a lot but when I do, it's about him. I did like him durnig the CM punk thing, but as a ref I have no idea why he is in main events. The shittiest count ever, totally drains all life out of matches.I always hated Hebner too, for some reason around 97-00 he always had a bad ankle. No matter what the bump, he held onto his ankle after. You'd think he'd get Dr Youngblood to check that out.It's all about Chioda for me. And Robinson. Everyone else is just a bit 'meh'.

Archived