The Underated Musician Thread

WWFChilli

• Paid Members
Anberlin

A fairly well known band in the US and Canada but not so well known here. I was first introduced to them by my brother who'd heard a work colleague listening to them.

Their music is pretty decent and have a few albums out.

Unfortunately because my workplace LOVES to block out half the internet, I can't link any videos yet....

but here are some songs I think you should check out.

Feel Good Drag

Impossible

We owe this to ourselves

Adelaide

Inevitable

Down

i used to listen to Anberlin quite a bit during their early years, i always hated the one singers voice though. It was the one thing which stopped me from really liking the band. I'll have to check out some of the newer stuff.

• Replies 33
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Paid Members

Daniel Johns/Silverchairkp0qcwhou5fnoh5q.jpg

I grew up on Silverchair. Back in the day when a bunch of us would have house parties and stuff Silverchair were a staple of the soundtrack, it was more Neon Ballroom that everyone was into though. My personal favourite was Freak Show, i loved that album when it came out. I've still got all the singles from the album too including a 12" of Freak which has some pretty cool art cards.Thing is with all bands who start out so young it comes a case of the musicians obviously improving and simply being interested in different forms of music. I'm pretty certain that if you played the later Silverchair stuff to a 14 year old Daniel Johns he would hated it. They went on a pretty strange musical voyage but i think they always wrote quality tunes whatever genre they came in.Got to see em once too, it was around the time of Neon Ballroom, at the Leeds Festival, great stuff.
Ebb wins 10 awesome points. Use them wisely, my friend.

Archived