IPW 7 Year Anniversary Show - LEADERS VS YOUNG BUCKS

Andy

• Replies 205
  • Created
  • Last Reply
full results anyone????

Taken from Gadge's Twitter:

1. Marty Scurll beat Dean Allmark in 16:09 to win Bracket A of the IPW:UK Cruiserweight title tournament

2. Project Ego beat The Saint & Jason Larusso when Travis pinned Larusso in 14:09 to get a title chot at The Leaders of the New School

3. Joel Redman pinned Nigel McGuinness with a folding press in Nigels IPW:UK retirement tour match

4. Eddie Edwards beat Noam Dar with the Achilles Lock in 13:46

5. Dave Mastiff beat T-Bone, Terry Frazer & Jon Ryan to earn a title shot against Sha Samuels in 10:54

6. Sha Samuels retained the IPW Hvwt title in 15 minutes with a sit down powerbomb on Lion Kid.

Post match Samuels, T-Bone & Spud beat down Dave Mastiff.

7. The LDRS beat the Young Bucks in 15:03 with the See You Later.

Sha said he wasn't going to wait, and wanted Mastiff right away. Dave's music hits but it's Spud in a fat suit. Him, Sha and T Bone talked a bit about how as long as they're around, nobody else will be champ, and IPW won't get their cruiser belt back. Dave comes out angry, but gets a kicking.

After Sha beat Lion Kid, he immediately called out Mastiff so they could have their match then there.

Spud came out in an inflatable sumo suit posing as Mastiff, which lead to the real Mastiff to come who removed Sha from the ring and had a helpless Spud cornered before T-Bone attacked from behind and the three beat him down, saying he'd never be Champ again, and that the trio "run" IPW:UK.

EDIT as Dave was quicker on the buzzer!

• Paid Members

I would say yes, but not to the extent that they couldn't do better with a rematch (which they left the door open for). At 15 minutes it could have been a tad longer, for example.

I would say yes, but not to the extent that they couldn't do better with a rematch (which they left the door open for). At 15 minutes it could have been a tad longer, for example.

I'd agree with this. We took a newb with us for his first wrestling show, and he was justifiably awestruck. For me, however, having seen the LDRS loads over the last 2-3 years, and having watched a lot of the Bucks too on DVD, I'd call this a very good match. Certainly not a disappointment, but it didn't quite have the sheer level of excitement of say, LDRS/Thrillers from 2 years back. Part of that I guess is down to knowing that Zack and Marty would retain as they'll be here to defend, so the suspense wasn't there (part of it is obviously down to just how great those matches with Joel and Haskins were). Which is mainly why I'm very excited for LDRS/Project Ego down the line somewhere. I can't think of two better teams to go at it for the belts, and I know I'll be genuinely on the edge of my seat when they do.

• Paid Members

The fact Project Ego didn't get to challenge for the titles immediately like originally planned has been a blessing in disguise too...

Maybe LDRS vs Bucks vs Ego could happen at some point too.

I was thinking now we've got Ego that The LDR's don't *have* to face every single international team that are booked per show as now Ego could get that rub.

I will eventually get round to doing my write up.... Most likely I'll get time tomorrow.

I got thinking about the next show in Feb - Really hope it's Sittingbourne again as the venue does have such a great atmosphere - And what I would like to see from the card.

I know we've got Finlay confirmed, and Sha vs Mastiff for the belt most likely to happen, this show is a week before wXw's 16 Karat tourny so I can see some American/international talents being confirmed for this show.

My crazy wild ideas for this show:

Mastiff vs Sha

Really obvious after the last show.

Finlay vs Stone

Finlay's a bruiser who loves to fight and have a good brawl, but also has a very aggressive technical wrestling style. Stone, if fit and ready by Feb, would be a great opponent for him as could rival Finlay in the brawling stakes, as well as hold his own in the wrestling stakes. If he still wants the best international talent when he comes back that is.

Marty Scurll vs El Generico*

Generico is now officially confirmed for wXw and as one of IPW:UK's most popular imports, I would say it's a lock for him to be on this show. And as for his opponent? Marty Scurll to attempt to get his revenge in a rematch one year later. Last time, Marty had to wrestle in a singles match before his match with Generico, and in the past year since has had high profile and fantastic singles matches against the likes of Kotaro Suzuki and Akira Tozawa, but he lost both of them. This would be a big rematch against Generico and a win would be his biggest victory to date.

Zack Sabre Jnr vs Low Ki*

Odds on this happening? Most likely slim. I heard Ki wasn't booked for last years 16 Karat due to his cost, but maybe a year later he and wXw will have negotiated and worked something out as I would really love to see Ki back in Germany/England on the indy scene for the first time since his WWE release. Zack vs Low Ki is another dream match, so what better place to happen than Zack's adopted home promotion?

I was thinking now we've got Ego that The LDR's don't *have* to face every single international team that are booked per show as now Ego could get that rub.

I will eventually get round to doing my write up.... Most likely I'll get time tomorrow.

I got thinking about the next show in Feb - Really hope it's Sittingbourne again as the venue does have such a great atmosphere - And what I would like to see from the card.

I know we've got Finlay confirmed, and Sha vs Mastiff for the belt most likely to happen, this show is a week before wXw's 16 Karat tourny so I can see some American/international talents being confirmed for this show.

My crazy wild ideas for this show:

Mastiff vs Sha

Really obvious after the last show.

Finlay vs Stone

Finlay's a bruiser who loves to fight and have a good brawl, but also has a very aggressive technical wrestling style. Stone, if fit and ready by Feb, would be a great opponent for him as could rival Finlay in the brawling stakes, as well as hold his own in the wrestling stakes. If he still wants the best international talent when he comes back that is.

Marty Scurll vs El Generico*

Generico is now officially confirmed for wXw and as one of IPW:UK's most popular imports, I would say it's a lock for him to be on this show. And as for his opponent? Marty Scurll to attempt to get his revenge in a rematch one year later. Last time, Marty had to wrestle in a singles match before his match with Generico, and in the past year since has had high profile and fantastic singles matches against the likes of Kotaro Suzuki and Akira Tozawa, but he lost both of them. This would be a big rematch against Generico and a win would be his biggest victory to date.

Zack Sabre Jnr vs Low Ki*

Odds on this happening? Most likely slim. I heard Ki wasn't booked for last years 16 Karat due to his cost, but maybe a year later he and wXw will have negotiated and worked something out as I would really love to see Ki back in Germany/England on the indy scene for the first time since his WWE release. Zack vs Low Ki is another dream match, so what better place to happen than Zack's adopted home promotion?

If that is anywhere near the likely card then I'll be selling my twin sisters to get there if I have to!*

* - Ok, they aren't technically mine!

Archived