IPW 7 Year Anniversary Show - LEADERS VS YOUNG BUCKS

Andy

Eddie Edwards vs Noam Dar

Now what a replacement! I know when IPW:UK said they were going to make the best out of a bad situation, they've given us a match that I wouldn't have dreamt up in my wildest dreams! Noam Dar really is one of the best young talents to have emerged on the UK scene for quite some time. I know when I first got opportunity to see Dar live I was blown away and really impressed with his character, presence and wrestling skills and this was still a young kid. I believe he's only 17/18 at this time and when I got chance to see him in one of the bonus matches on the DG UK tour (Dar and Martin Kirby were two names I was pimping huge out on the UKFF at the time so was beyond pleased to see them both get featured and hope both earnt repeat bookings next year if DG do return) Dar showed his improvement and it's obvious for everyone to see that Noam has potential to not just be one of the UK's best, but one of the best in the world. So how does Dar make his IPW:UK debut? By taking on one of the best of the world in Eddie Edwards. Quite high stakes! The last time Eddie was in IPW:UK was practically this time last year when he had a great and really underrated match against Mark Haskins in which he was on the losing end of. That loss has to be sticking in Edwards throat, and since that time he went on to win the ROH World Championship and became the first and so far only triple crown holder in ROH. He has since lost that belt and looks to regain it next month, so he will want all the momentum in the world. Eddie's match against Mark Haskins was a really good Japanese styled Jnr match where he attempted to ground Haskins, and I can see him attempt to do the same with Dar. As for a winner? Well the crowd for one. But I think Eddie will take it, I hope he gets announced for wXw's 16 Carat Gold tournament so he can return at the next Sittingbourne show, and with him winning Fight Club: Pro's belt, I can see a return sooner than later. I hope Dar comes back in Feb as well as he would be a fantastic addition to the on-going Cruserweight tournament.

• Replies 205
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Holy good god damn, I'm excited about this now. It's a real shame that Stone won't be there, but I genuinely can't think of a better replacement than Noam Dar. IPW consistently put together the best cards in British wrestling, but they've genuinely outdone themselves this time. Not a bad match, not even a so-so match on the card, this promises to be absolutely top quality from start to finish. Excellent.

Speaking of the Cruiser tournament, is the line-up complete for the other half of the bracket?

I don't think that will be announced until after this show. I'm hoping for Dar and Zack as two of the four, and perhaps two international talents to round it out. But I would be happy to see guys like Kirby, Lion Kid and Spud if he decides to "defend" his Title rights in this tournament.

Would love to see Marty vs Dar as I don't believe they've faced off in a singles match(?), but think they might do Marty vs Zack to have the biggest match possible for London.

• Paid Members

I got the impression Spud won't be in the tournament as he still sees himself as the champion. It's a ready made first feud for the tourney winner.

I'm on the train to London for this now, and there's still a second row seat going with our group if anyone is interested...

• Paid Members

Yeah, LDRS beat Bucks with See Ya Later in 15.03. My phone battery died. Match was real good but the invitation for a bucks rematch was extended afterwards, and they left room for an even better match in the future.

Show overall was great with a super no vacancy crowd. Bring on February 26.

Absolutely incredible show. Top to bottom the best UK promotion show from this year that I've been too. Every match delivered and lived up to it's potential. LDR's vs Young Bucks and Edwards vs Dar were both exceptional as to be expected, Sha vs Lion Kid was a cracking big man vs little man Title match, Nigel vs Redman deserved the hype, and the four way was absolute armageddon.

A full review will follow eventually, but this was perhaps the best IPW:UK show I have ever witnessed. They truly are what they claim to be - Pro wrestling at it's best.

Archived