IPW 7 Year Anniversary Show - LEADERS VS YOUNG BUCKS

Andy

Because imitation is the sincerest form of flattery, or something...

24/11/11

In this update :

Lion Kid sign update

Exclusive sign preview

Join the Pride!

One more card rundown

DON'T MISS OUT ON THIS HUGE SHOW & GET YOUR TICKETS NOW FROM: http://www.ipwuk.com/sittingbourne

That post has made my morning, love the picture! HA! Lion won't have seen any of it either!!

Doesn't surprise me, even after all the talk from the government there are still forests in the UK that can't get an internet connection.

It's a total disgrace.

You are totally correct - The New Forest, Hampshire - http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/New_Forest

Bout 50 minutes west of Portsmouth, doesn't seem to even have wi-fi and the entrance office, let alone in the deepest reaches....

• Replies 205
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Ohh Sittingbourne, how I have strangely missed you! I'm oddly looking forward to the long drive down as it's a nice relaxing drive and I know I'm going to be rewarded for my efforts by seeing yet another top quality wrestling show by IPW:UK.

Marty Scurll vs Dean Allmark

I wasn't expecting to see this match on this show what with Scurll already announced for the main event, but as March proved, Scurll can handle the two matches in one night, but I'm sure he'll be after a better success rate this time! With March he had the opening tag match and then the singles match main event, but it's a match reversal this time. As such I can expect Scurll to want to attempt to put away Allmark early. He won't want to rush into things and will need to be as cautious as possible, but it'll be in his best interests to step up the pace and try to catch Allmark off-guard either with a high impact move or cradle. Allmark's best interests would be to try and stretch the match out, force Scurll into a mistake as at some point in the match, Scurll is going to have to be thinking and looking ahead to his tag match, so Allmark would be able to take advantage of that distraction. Both are great lightweight wrestlers, Marty may have had more big match experience this year with matches against Generico, Suzuki and Tozawa, but all of them he was on the losing end. Allmark is a guy who has wrestled up and down the country with All Star and as he is older, has more in-ring experience. But I've only ever seen Allmark against wrestlers larger than himself, so Scurll will be quicker and have that advantage. As for who will win? I've got to go with Marty. I know there's not been many Sittingbourne shows this year, but odds are Marty has been in the MOTN and has gone above and beyond to improve himself over the past year or so. I think that drive will see him through to London in April.

Project Ego vs The Tempest Warriors

Really happy to see Ego return and pleased for the debut of the 4FW team. Ego on their day are one of the best tag teams in the UK, but the last time I had opportunity to see them live was June last year were they faced The LDR's in a losing effort. They have been quiet as a team lately only featuring as a tandem in a few promotions and feuding in others. I was really looking forward to that rematch against The LDR's and was gutted I was going to miss it, so glad that it wasn't to be in July and is going to be built up for sometime in the future. I was impressed with what I've seen of The Saint so far this year and think he'd be a great addition to the heavyweight ranks, the same for Larusso in the cruserweight scene. I can see these two teams matching together well, Trav and Kirby's tag team experience will isolate Larusso as the weak link as he is the rookie of the two, The Saint will attempt to power his way into the match, but ultimately the lack of experience as a team will be the Warriors downfall as I predict Ego to win.

Dave Mastiff vs Terry Frazier vs T-Bone vs Jon Ryan

This is going to be a war. Just four big dudes clubbering and so forth. Mastiff will throw his weight around along with his strikes, T-Bone will attempt to power his way through, Ryan will brawl his way through, and I guess Frazier looks like the weak link but he has shown he can brawl with the best of them as his matches against Samuels and Zebra Kid have shown. The elimination aspect is a great element added to this match as it really will be a case of only the strong surviving. I can see the over the top rope coming to play, most likely Samuels/Spud costing Mastiff/Frazier the match via NWA rules, making it as a Mastiff or Frazier vs T-Bone finale. Like I've already said, I don't think we'll see Frazier vs Samuels for the Title just yet, but that match will happen in 2012. Mastiff was cheated out of his IPW:UK Title and he hasn't even had his former Champions rematch, so I can see him winning this 4-Way to have that blow-off singles match against Samuels that was scheduled for May.

Nigel McGuinness vs Joel Redman

On the one hand I'm sad to see one of my favourites retire, but it's been a long time in the coming it feels like, so I am just fortunate that I've got the opportunity to be able to witness one of Nigel's last ever matches in England. Since 2006 I've seen Nigel live a few times a year, so it will be odd to know that there won't be that opportunity ever again from next year. Nigel has had a great career and while there are plenty of guys I wish he would get the opportunity to face on a first time, last time basis, he and Joel Redman are going to end up having a great back and forth technical match that you would expect from the two in the same ring together. Joel and John Walters had a great match at 4FW, so I can expect more of the same from a match between Joel and Nigel. Except I hope to see a bit more aggression and a nasty streak from Nigel as he really excelled as heel Champion of ROH, and his uppercuts and strikes really do look the business to see live. I'd want Nigel to win, but this is his retirement tour and Joel has already lost once to an international star in Atsushi Aoki, so a win over Nigel would be a great feather in his cap.

Sha Samuels vs Lion Kid

At first I was surprised to see this match announced, but then it does make sense with Lion Kid as the first person to pin Samuels shoulders to the mat since he won the Title. Lion Kid has had a fantastic 12 month period with time spent in Japan in Dragon Gate's dojo and on their NEX shows, extensive time spent in Europe, so it was great to see him return to English shores unexpectedly in May and even then he made his return at Samuels expense in the aftermath of him winning the belt. So with that and the pinfall in July, Lion Kid is a worthy challenger. And right now he appears to really be hitting his stride as his recent singles matches against two stars of Dragon Gate in BxB Hulk and CIMA can attest too. However Lion Kid was on the losing end of both of those matches, no matter how much of a fight he put up and how good he looked in the process. Sha will really be wanting to assert his dominance and begin a Title reign that can be compared to the great reigns we've seen previously from his predecessor, Dave Mastiff, and the longest IPW:UK Title reign in history by Martin Stone. Losing to Lion Kid will kill those dreams dead and as we've seen from Sha over the past year and a half, he is willing to do whatever it takes and if necessary, take what he wants by force as seen with his alignment with Spud and T-Bone. I can't see Sha losing the Title so quickly, but I know Lion Kid will go down fighting.

Eddie Edwards vs Martin Stone

I'm really looking forward to this match. This to me has potential to be the sleeper of the night if everything clicks how it should. Stone is making his return to IPW:UK after a year absence and I know the reaction from the fans will be very favourable to see The Guvnor back. However the last time we saw Stone in an IPW:UK ring was the last time we saw Eddie Edwards as well and they both had very different fates that evening. Whereas Stone went out with his head high after a victory over Leroy Kincaide, Eddie Edwards had a fantastic match against Mark Haskins that he narrowly came out on the losing end of. That loss has to be sticking in Edwards throat, and since that time he went on to win the ROH World Championship and became the first and so far only triple crown holder in ROH. He has since lost that belt and looks to regain it next month, so he will want all the momentum in the world. Stone in comparison to Edwards success over the past year has spent the full years on the sidelines recuperating from knee surgery. This will be one of his first matches back against an accomplished and hungry international talent. And whereas Eddie may be smaller and weigh loss than Stone, he is not afraid to use strikes and so I can see these two having more of a level contest than what you might have thought. I personally hope Eddie wins. I'm holding out hope that wXw confirm him for their 16 Carat tournament meaning he can return at the next Sittingbourne show, and Stone has spent a year out so a loss will not make him look weak. He asked for the best international talent available and in Eddie Edwards he is definitely getting that.

The LDR's vs The Young Bucks

This is a dream match in every sense of the word. When IPW:UK needed to make a statement to say that they're back after the summer break and that they intended to make the Anniversary show as big as possible, this was exactly the kind of match you could hope for. The Young Bucks have been a standout tag team for the past three years now, you could arguably claim them as one of the best tag teams on the American indies right now, and The LDR's ever since 2009 have put on the best of tag team wrestling seen in the UK and it's their feuds and tag matches that have really helped put IPW:UK on the map along with their great choice of international talent and building up some exceptional home talent. At the last Anniversary show, Zack Sabre Jnr challenged for the GHC Jnr Heavyweight Championship earlier in the night, and then in the semi-main event The LDR's defeated PAC and Mark Haskins in an amazing MOTYC. Well this year it's Scurll with singles ambitions as he will fight for a chance to become IPW:UK Cruiserweight Champion in April, and then The LDR's have to face one of the premier tag teams on the indies today. But we are under a year removed from Brawl At The Hall 2010 when The LDR's not only defeated their rivals The All Stars, they also defeated then PWG Tag Team Champions, El Generico and Paul London. Except of course the Danger Bee's had also wrestled a tag match that night whereas The Young Bucks are coming into this encounter fresh and Scurll may be worse for wear depending on how hard he had to wrestle earlier in the night. This will only be The Young Bucks second time in the UK after the first Dragon Gate UK show so I can see them really going balls to the wall to show themselves off as one of the finest tag teams in the world right now so The LDR's really are going to have to dig down deep to keep up with them if they have any chance of retaining their Title's. Personally I think that they will and in the process will have MOTN. And all going well, this potentially could end up being a MOTYC and not just for the UK if they are able to perform the kind of match I know they have in them.

• Paid Members

Tremendous write-up coby, I'm now particularly intrigued by Stone vs Edwards, as the latter won the Fight Club Pro title tonight so is likely to return to the UK in 2012, whereas the future of Stone is unclear and he basically hasn't wrestled in a year...

Tremendous write-up coby, I'm now particularly intrigued by Stone vs Edwards, as the latter won the Fight Club Pro title tonight so is likely to return to the UK in 2012, whereas the future of Stone is unclear and he basically hasn't wrestled in a year...

Well, let's hope Martin Stone is 100%, he wants to only fight the best, but he needs to be at his absolute best. I know he wouldn't want to give anything less

IPW have just tweeted that Noam Dar will be Stone's replacement.

HOLY GEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEZUS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Eddie Edwards vs Noam Dar?????

This is still going to be sleeper match of the night, I can't say it's going to steal the show away from the tag match, but I am dead excited for this match.

Seriously, big up's for bringing Dar in, he's such a great young talent that I hope earns a place on the full time roster.

Damnit IPW:UK, this match could be better than Edwards vs Haskins!

Hi guys,

Excuse me if i sound stupid in asking this but the write up says this will be at Swallows Leisure Centre but my ticket says Wyvern Hall. Are they the same place? If so then whats the postcode of the place as thats not written anywhere.

Thanks

Hi guys,

Excuse me if i sound stupid in asking this but the write up says this will be at Swallows Leisure Centre but my ticket says Wyvern Hall. Are they the same place? If so then whats the postcode of the place as thats not written anywhere.

Thanks

ME10 4NT

Yes, the Hall is on the front of the actual leisure centre.

Thats great, thanks very much for the help Mr Sloan.

Also, sad news about Stone but at the same time great news for Dar, he really impressed me at the DG:UK show.

Well I did hear the first doubts about the situation yesterday, and that's the thing that the twitter message didn't really relay. It isn't that Martin Stone didn't want to compete, he is as much of a competitor as anybody else on the IPW roster, but he said, after serious injury, his desire to come back was to face the absolute best. Edwards fits that, anybody who has seen Eddies work in Noah and ROH in the last few years knows he fits the descripton and when Stone was working back to fitness, he said he felt near 100% but when not fully fit he would sooner give the slot to somebody else.

If it is Noam to replacement, then while less experienced, the show just added a future superstar to those that know. Just like Eddie arriving at European Navigation 2008 in Coventry, many wondered why he was in such a high profile match, they didn't wonder that afterwards and hopefully Noam will follow that trend. What a tremendous tremendous match up.

Thats great, thanks very much for the help Mr Sloan.

Also, sad news about Stone but at the same time great news for Dar, he really impressed me at the DG:UK show.

Well I did hear the first doubts about the situation yesterday, and that's the thing that the twitter message didn't really relay. It isn't that Martin Stone didn't want to compete, he is as much of a competitor as anybody else on the IPW roster, but he said, after serious injury, his desire to come back was to face the absolute best. Edwards fits that, anybody who has seen Eddies work in Noah and ROH in the last few years knows he fits the descripton and when Stone was working back to fitness, he said he felt near 100% but when not fully fit he would sooner give the slot to somebody else.

If it is Noam to replacement, then while less experienced, the show just added a future superstar to those that know. Just like Eddie arriving at European Navigation 2008 in Coventry, many wondered why he was in such a high profile match, they didn't wonder that afterwards and hopefully Noam will follow that trend. What a tremendous tremendous match up.

Yeah, in my over-excitement for the possibilities of the rescheduled match, I didn't really get chance to say that I was looking forward to seeing Stone back and that his presence on the UK scene was missed. I know when he was voted #1 in last years UKFF50 I didn't rate him as high because I said with Stone, you expect a certain quality as standard, you expect his matches to be great so when you're introduced to new, young hungry guys, they have more room to impress because they don't have had chance to build that high bar that Stone has (at least for me).

So I don't know if Stone felt the same way kinda, that he wanted to take the opportunity of his long break to come back and come back to a vengeance, to really remind people what he can do and how good he is, and with the time spent away that standard won't be thought of as much so he can really get chance to go all out and impress and really put over just why he is considered one of England's finest wrestlers.

I do hope, with a few more months of rest, Stone can return to IPW:UK, hopefully at the Feb show.

Archived