IPW 7 Year Anniversary Show - LEADERS VS YOUNG BUCKS

Andy

• Replies 205
  • Created
  • Last Reply

well i was always going to this but the addition of mcguiness has made me whack these tickets on the credit card rather than wait till I actually had money as I originally planned. What a phenomenal show, IPW:UK has always had the best british talent but to have eddie edwards, the young bucks and nigel mcguiness on the same show is mental! Incredibly excited!!!!!!!!!!! :thumbsup:

Any one know what time its due to finish? Train times are a pain in the neck that sunday.

You can get the 21,19 which will get you into London Victoria for 11.06. The show usually finishes by 8 or half 8 so that's a worst case scenario.

A pain yes but well worth it when you look at the card!

• 2 weeks later...

Anything more gonna be announced for this show?

I know we've got 4 great matches already lined up, but I would've thought we would get 2 more matches to round things out?

I would expect Mastiff & Frazier vs Spud & T-Bone, perhaps some match for the cruiserweight tourny, or even a tag match to help strengthen the tag division for next year.

Yes I would be interested to see the full card for this, its already looking phenomenal but still missing some top IPW:UK names that will no doubt be on this show.

Im also a bit concerned as to how flat the lead up to this has been and how quiet this thread has been. It reminds me of the build to the last show and that was a low attendance, stage brought down to what is usually a seating area and I would imagine that then played a part in the company having a break for a few months and not even knowing when the next show would be at one point. I just don't get it, IPW has to be one of the top promotions in the UK/Europe in terms of the quality of wrestlers they book and then as a result the quality of the shows, they run, most of the time, fairly regularly, at least to the point where you can follow a simple but effective storyline and get attached to the roster and if anything the fans should be left pushing for more shows on a regular basis but instead the entire time I have been a fan it has just plodded along at the same size and then recently felt like it has shrunk when really it could be the "ROH" of england so to speak or at least hit the level the old FWA did during 2002-2004/5, maybe get to a similar place WXW has it germany with 1 or 2 shows a month, a good crowd of a few hundread at each show etc.

Anyway Im really looking forward to this show, always do with IPW but with the added bonus of a set of imports that I happen to all adore I can't believe all I have to pay is

Honestly, after how strong last year was, I kinda expected more from IPW:UK this year. A lot more. It's a shame that there will be only four Sittingbourne shows this year, but I can understand the reason why. I get how they took the break to ensure that fans don't think any "weaker" cards are skippable, but I hope they've got everything in order and set up for next year.

Seems a shame that the cruiserweight tourny appears to have gone nowhere, and the idea of bolstering up the tag ranks with UK teams was hindered when Zack went to Japan earlier than expected.

I want all the best from IPW:UK and I hope next year is more 2010 than 2011. Not like I was disappointed with the two (soon to be three) shows I attended this year, but it would be a shame for IPW:UK to not take their place as rightful number one promotion in the UK right now when there are so many promotions really stepping up and offering stiff competition to that crown.

Have to agree with everything you said.

I haven't recieved my tickets yet but to be honest (I dont know if it is IPW:UK or royal mail) its always a 50/50 chance whether I get tickets or not, anyway if I don't I just take my paypal receipts and Im given tickets at the door so its never an issue.

Archived