Halal & Kosher Meat - Should Compulsory Labelling Be Enforced?

David

Personally I'd go further than labelling it, if it falls below the standards for animal welfare this country requires of its meat industry, I'd say the law still applies it can't be done here and that's that. Not like it stops people eating, just means they'll have to eat imported meat or stick to vegetarians.

Well many butchers, of all denominations, get closed down after falling foul of environmental health laws and rightly so. By the way, Mickey, you made it clear that your reason for wanting labelling was nothing to do with it being muslim related. Just to clarify, I wasn't saying your reasons are bigoted, as they aren't.

• Replies 52
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Moderators

Meat's Meat, I couldn't give a fuck where it comes from and how it's prepared to be honest. I think a far more important issue is introducing real and effective labeling of meat content (%) in Sausages, and a ban on pumping Bacon full of water. That's what should be sorted more than anything, in my eyes.

Personally i'd out right ban it, the way most meat seems to be produced and the ammount of it is barbaric even without the sick Halal/Kosher ways. The meat industry needs to be monitored closely so all animals killed (as humanely as possible) have a better standard of life before slaughter.

Yes, this may drive up prices and mean less meat is on the shelves but we seriously don't need to eat it as much as we do. This could also help with alot of health issues in this country.

I don't think it's biggoted not to want to eat meat that has been offered to Islam's 'Allah' or Muhammed, or whatever, I think that might be abit fishy (excuse the pun), as in the Bible it states not to eat meat that has been offered to idols.

A non-bigoted complaint could be made there on religious grounds.

And there is a serious issue here, the EDL would have you believe it's a muslim conspiracy to get us all to eat halal/kosher meats on the sly, but they're fucking morons so you can ignore that.

But what it does mean, is you can get cheaper meat into the system as the halal/kosher system is cheaper than the normal system, and there's no attempt to stop it getting sold everywhere. Essentially the religous aspect is being used as a loophole to get around animal welfare standards and get cheaper meat. And that's fucking wrong.

Not that the government's liable to do anything about that of course, not because they're part of an islamist/jewish conspiracy mind, just because it's business, so they don't care.

I don't think it's biggoted not to want to eat meat that has been offered to Islam's 'Allah', I think that might be abit fishy, as in the Bible it states not to eat meat that has been offered to idols.

I don't think you know the meaning of bigoted. That is textbook religious bigotry right there.

I don't think it's biggoted not to want to eat meat that has been offered to Islam's 'Allah' or Muhammed, or whatever, I think that might be abit fishy (excuse the pun), as in the Bible it states not to eat meat that has been offered to idols.

A non-bigoted complaint could be made there on religious grounds.

True, true, but I can't see our big mickey being a particularly staunch christian, and stephen what's his face defiinately isn't.

True, true, but I can't see our big mickey being a particularly staunch christian, and stephen what's his face defiinately isn't.

Well to be fair I was raised Christian, but not staunch no. However there a lot of people who are and they way Halal meat has been, on the whole quietly introduced into mass consumption, it's simply not fair is it? Even Christians, aithiests & devil worshipers have a right to know how their meat was produced.

You mean bigotry, or stupid liberal modern bigotry?

Why should someone not have a reasonable objection to something they consume being offered to something they have no belief in?

Wow, there's alot of Islamic sympathizers on here.

Well if you just have no belief in it, it can't really bother you. I mean seriously,

"I won't eat that,"

"Why not?"

"Muslim bloke prayed over it, wouldn't eat anything a muslim bloke prayed over"

How do you manage to say that without being deeply, deeply bigoted?

You mean bigotry, or stupid liberal modern bigotry?

You will have to show the distinction. However, what you posted earlier is totally bigoted by definition.

Why should someone not have a reasonable objection to something they consume being offered to something they have no belief in?

I'm an Athiest and couldn't give a fuck, the bolded word is very subjective.

Wow, there's alot of Islamic sympathizers on here.
And? I sympathise with the awful shit the peaceful overwhelming majority have to put up with. What's wrong with that?

Well to be fair I was raised Christian, but not staunch no. However there a lot of people who are and they way Halal meat has been, on the whole quietly introduced into mass consumption, it's simply not fair is it? Even Christians, aithiests & devil worshipers have a right to know how their meat was produced.

You can make that argument in terms of consumer choice to be fair, but if you've only decided it matters since halal meat came about, never cared when it was kosher meat, and aren't doing it from the point of view of religion or welfare. Then your opinion is kinda mute, as it's pretty clearly inspired by bigotry and nothing else.

And? I sympathise with the awful shit the peaceful overwhelming majority have to put up with. What's wrong with that?

Well some people calling themselves muslims did some very bad things, and as such you shouldn't sympathise with anyone calling themselves a muslim.

It's from a book, "Being an ignorat cunt, for dummies."

You can make that argument in terms of consumer choice to be fair, but if you've only decided it matters since halal meat came about, never cared when it was kosher meat, and aren't doing it from the point of view of religion or welfare. Then your opinion is kinda mute, as it's pretty clearly inspired by bigotry and nothing else.

Well like I said before Kosher meat isn't in general circulation at this time, but if it was I'd feel the same way, I'd prefer it to be labled as such.

If you're against it due to animal cruelty, that's a fair point, if it's "I'm not eating meat that's been prayed over by a muslim, wouldn't have that filth in my body,"then it''s clearly a bigoted approach. Can't really be anything else.

What about people who simply think that all religion is fucking ridiculous and want nothing to do with it at all?

Archived