Halal & Kosher Meat - Should Compulsory Labelling Be Enforced?

David

Well, welfare aside, perhaps some people would find such practices a nonsense and wouldn't want to encourage the practice by purchasing the product.

Of course if it was labelled i'd avoid the product, as it has nothing to do with my beliefs and I wouldn't want any part of it.

• Replies 52
  • Created
  • Last Reply
What about people who simply think that all religion is fucking ridiculous and want nothing to do with it at all?

I think all religion is fucking ridiculous and want nothing to do with it, but on the basis I know that, I can be confident that whatever prayers were said over the meat I eat, will make fuck all difference. I mean christs sake, for all I know jehovahs witness's have been praying over the potatoes that make my fries, muslims's have been praying over the cow in the beef in my big mac and satanists have worshipped our dark lord almighty over the cheese.

But because I know religions ridiculous I'd be a fucking moron to think it had had any affect on my food, because it's all ridiculou and has nothing to do with me at all.

Well, welfare aside, perhaps some people would find such practices a nonsense and wouldn't want to encourage the practice by purchasing the product.

Of course if it was labelled i'd avoid the product, as it has nothing to do with my beliefs and I wouldn't want any part of it.

So are you going to avoid hageen daz cos you're not a hippy?

How do you know that ;)

Well because the EDL are a fair and reasonable group, and if kosher meat was in the sort of circulation that it's been for decades now, they'd protest that too, because they're not just a racist bunch of wankers you see.

I wonder if it would be possible for the Government to just round up the EDL and their counter-protesters at the next rally and gas them all? Maybe then the rest of the country could get on with it.

I mean, I've seen these EDL rallies and anti-EDL rallies take place during the week. Do none of these unwashed fuckers have a job? Pay taxes? Contribute to society?

I wonder if it would be possible for the Government to just round up the EDL and their counter-protesters at the next rally and gas them all? Maybe then the rest of the country could get on with it.

I mean, I've seen these EDL rallies and anti-EDL rallies take place during the week. Do none of these unwashed fuckers have a job? Pay taxes? Contribute to society?

Yeah let's kill all the people we don't like!!!!

:)

Bit off topic, no? Not to say I'd mind seeing the EDL and I4UK rounded up and left on an island with nothing to eat but halal bacon (fucking sort that out ya shower of cunts)

But this is a discussion about the labelling of kosher and halal meat. Now while it can't help but reference the voices shouting most loudly for it, this isn't a mac vs edl thread, and quite frankly me and idiot boy have butted heads enough in the edl and the politics thread without turning this into the same thing.

For the question yeah maybe it should be labeled so people have a choice but to be honest I think the EDL and others who want this would be shocked about how many people won't really care the truth is if it is cheaper to process and sell the majority of customers would just look at the price and go for the cheapest.

As a vegetarian I'm not happy abut he way any animal is killed the UK method way of killing animals maybe be a bit kinder but it's still not painless I doubt anybody here would choose to go out that way.

I'm only saying what thousands (if not millions) of ordinary, decent folk think when they pick up a newspaper or watch the news only to hear about another waste of police time & money keeping the unemployed skinheads and unemployed manky student-types apart.

Whilst you lot are fighting over food labelling and suchlike the rest of us are working and doing our bit.

Bit off topic, no? Not to say I'd mind seeing the EDL and I4UK rounded up and left on an island with nothing to eat but kosher bacon (fucking sort that out ya shower of cunts)

But this is a discussion about the labelling of kosher and halal meat. Now while it can't help but reference the voices shouting most loudly for it, this isn't a mac vs edl thread, and quite frankly me and idiot boy have butted heads enough in the edl and the politics thread without turning this into the same thing.

Says the gentleman who mentions the EDL more than most! Haha!

Archived