Internet "Troll" Jailed

Keith Houchen

http://www.guardian.co.uk/uk/2011/sep/13/i...cking-teenagers

An internet troll who posted videos and messages mocking the deaths of teenagers, including a girl hit by a train, has been jailed.

Sean Duffy, 25, targeted Facebook tribute pages and posted videos on YouTube taunting the dead and their families.

Among his victims was Natasha MacBryde, 15, who died instantly when hit by a passenger train near her home in Bromsgrove, Worcestershire.

The day after Natasha's death in February, Duffy posted comments including "I fell asleep on the track lolz" on the Facebook tribute page created by her brother James, 17.

Four days later he created a YouTube video called "Tasha the Tank Engine" featuring her face superimposed on to the front of the fictional engine.

Duffy, who is unemployed and did not know any of his victims, pleaded guilty to two counts of sending malicious communications relating to Natasha.

He asked for three other cases of Facebook trolling

• Replies 45
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Paid Members
Carers? It's only aspies, it's not full-blown Rainman. Aspergers is miles away from needing someone to come and wipe your arse.

Not that kind of carer. People who have Aspergers need a support program depending on their needs. Whether it's checking up on him once a week, him going to meetings, or having to have someone live with him full time to keep him out of trouble etc. or even live in a secure setting in extreme cases. He was clearly a vulnerable person why wasn't anyone helping him?

I'm not sticking up for the prat in any way by the way he SHOULD be punished for being a derp.

Would not surprise me one bit if the fellow prisoners he'll be with will rib him mercilessly about soaping up his arse.

Edit: I wonder who'll be the first to say that free speech is being tramped upon in this case?

Not that kind of carer. People who have Aspergers need a support program depending on their needs. Whether it's checking up on him once a week, him going to meetings, or having to have someone live with him full time to keep him out of trouble etc. or even live in a secure setting in extreme cases. He was clearly a vulnerable person why wasn't anyone helping him?

I think adults with aspergers are very low on the priority list though. Plus, he might not have even been diagnosed prior to his arrest.

I think adults with aspergers are very low on the priority list though. Plus, he might not have even been diagnosed prior to his arrest.

Truth being told, I'm on a waiting list to be assessed. Have been on it now around 15 months. I could get it done privately a lot quicker but it would cost nearly

Archived