Thread Save: William Regal Appreciation Thread

tom

• Replies 80
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Paid Members
I'd say Regal is easily the better performer though, both in and out of the ring.

I'd argue with the in-ring. Regal is probably technically better and probably had many more OK matches, Davey's best matches (with Bret, Owen and Shawn Michaels and the Bulldogs tag matches) are way, way better than anything Regal's ever done. All opinion of course but Davey's best work seriously eclipses Regal's for me.

I'd argue with the in-ring. Regal is probably technically better and probably had many more OK matches, Davey's best matches (with Bret, Owen and Shawn Michaels and the Bulldogs tag matches) are way, way better than anything Regal's ever done. All opinion of course but Davey's best work seriously eclipses Regal's for me.

Discounting the Wembley match if what Bret is true about Davey being completely out of it and the match essentially being a complete carry job (which could easily not be the case, but still), I'd put the Owen Raw match and the late 95 Bret match over Regal's top stuff, but that's about it. And even during his drugged up Man's Man phase, I don't think Regal got as bad as Davey Boy did in late 90s WCW and WWE. Regal has had so many really good TV matches and hidden gems from house shows that turn up every now and again, I'd say he's easily more consistant than Bulldog.

Archived