Thread Save: William Regal Appreciation Thread

tom

• Replies 80
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Regal really changed it up in the ring following his return from injury in 2004, fantastic brutal matches against London and Kendrick in 2006, great feuds with Noble, Punk and Christian in 2008/09/10, and a fantastic run on Superstars last year brutalising various random people in different matches...

As far as comedy goes,there's probably nobody that does it better than Regal.I think it was mentioned somewhere on this site before about how great it is that Regal is allowed to be as English as he is on TV.I'm pretty sure that most Americans haven't a clue what pillock,tart,scrubber and the like mean but being English and hearing Regal reel off these words on TV almost feels like he's performing just for you,as if Regal is exclusively performing for us on this side of the pond.His run in with Sean Stasiak on Raw all them years ago was hillarious,tho his take on Hulkamania was probably even better.

In the ring,Regal is a belter when given the chance in a match that lasts more than five minutes.His match with Chris Benoit at No Mercy 2006 was fantastic.

That WWE only really uses Regal on NXT at the moment is a crime.As Regal has shown on NXT he can still go in the ring and as the Z! True Long Island Story's go he's still funny as ever.An on screen partnership with Zach Ryder has the potential to be comedy gold.

We need more Regal(I suggest Regal or riot!) both on the mic and in the ring

Having read his book several years ago, I hope he has stayed clean since then.

Oh well can't have it all. Thing that stuck with me is him saying every drug addict deep down is an alcoholic cos when their drug of choice ain't around that's what they go to. It's been a bit dry, mine's a Tyskie.

Archived