How will it turn out for Daniel Bryan?

Oliver

I'm somewhere between optimistic and pessimistic for the current situation we see Daniel Bryan in. I feel its somewhat odd that as the mitb holder he's lost matches to Alberto and Barrett. But on the other hand, he's looked very good in his losses, and if he continues losing to Barrett and Del Rio, it'll be all that more satisfying when he manages to get a win over them. Being that we have months to to before the next WretleMania, there would be enough time for him to lose some more matches, but then go on a winning streak beating everyone in a row who's managed to beat him.

I think a redemption storyline could be good, but I have my doubts that such a story could be assisted with the current dire announce team.

On another note, while I do really like Daniel Bryan, I actually preferred Wade Barrett's match with Trent Baretta Barrett vs Bryan at Summerslam.

I agree he's already succeeded, but a redemption storyline is also something I'd love to see, with him beating all his previous foes in a streak until WM.

Bryan is a ray of hope to all those working the indies in that someone who works his ass off CAN work for WWE without getting buried every week.

I'm not entirely sure what you mean by Bryan's current 'situation.'

He's impressed enough to where the brain trust recognise that he's a good worker who doesn't have bad matches. Which is why he's in the midcard, carrying all and sundry to good bouts. He wins some and loses some, but he's on the shows and given time to wrestle.

He's not in a position where one wrong move will have him jobbing to Santino in two minutes any more. Compare it to when he was having a chaste relationship with Gail Kim, and he's doing far better.

Dont be a smart arse, you know full well wha he meant.

I think things will go well for Daniel Bryan in the long term, theres no sense in him winning all the time right now because they have months to go. Its like when Flair wanted to start his retirement storyline after Mania 23 and they waited till the Autumn because it would have meant Flair would have had to have defeated every opponent for almost a year which is not ideal when you are the outgoing wrestler. I reckon his push will resume sometime post Rumble which is when it needs to start really. It should only really matter if he wins and loses if hes in a storyline anyway and right now he isnt.

I was thinking how stupid it was that Bryan has been on a losing streak whilst holding the breifcase but the same thing happened to Punk in 2009. After his MITB win at Mania he lost to Kane of all people at Backlash and then Umaga at Judgment Day. Maybe WWE see it as a way to keep other people credible by beating the breifcase winner before they have their time in the sun.

Before Alberto won the title, he was dropping falls cleanly to Punk, Mysterio and the like. It doesn't matter. Within the space of a week or so, they've made him a proper force again by winning his matches cleanly and then taking his opponent out afterwards. Bryan will be fine.

What I would like to see though is have Bryan interrupt the current champion from December onwards, warning him that he'll be at Wrestlemania waiting for him. Lets say a heel snags the belt in October time. Bryan can tease him from before TLC right through to the Rumble. At the Rumble, Bryan's on commentary while Orton faces this heel. Orton wins back the belt and Bryan joins in the title celebration. Orton turns on him by dropping him with an RKO, and then hits him with a Punt. Orton spends the next month saying how he'll remain champion at Wrestlemania because Bryan will still be in a hospital bed when he cashes it in. Orton doesn't even need a real feud at this stage - the Elimination Chamber can act as a crutch so Orton can brag about taking Bryan out for the entire month. Orton wins the Chamber, and as he celebrates, Bryan's music hits and he runs to the ring, putting him in the LeBelle Lock and making him tap. The announcers say if he does that at Wrestlemania, he'll become new champion.

And then in the 5/6 weeks between Elimination Chamber and Wrestlemania, then you turn up the heat on Bryan. Have him tap out everyone he faces - and have him face proper challenges, like tapping out Christian and Miz and such, really build up that he can beat Orton. Then, win or lose, Orton will at least have elevated Bryan to the position Christian's currently at.

• Paid Members

It's hardly the end of the world, it's just two matches. What I'd like to see is a storyline where he loses a few matches, gets told he'll be stripped off the Money in the Bank contract if he loses another match (and is told since he's said that's what he'll do, that's what he's doing) and then he goes on a streak of hard-fought big wins, building up to a big match before Wrestlemania to see if he actually gets his title shot.

• Paid Members

I'm still not convinced he's going to make it all the way to Mania to cash that contract in. I really hope he does, but at the moment I just can't see Daniel Bryan having a one-on-one match for the World Championship at WrestleMania. I'm delighted that he won MitB though and he's been having some great matches recently- it's fair to say that he's achieved more than I expected him to in his first year on TV.

• Paid Members
I'm still not convinced he's going to make it all the way to Mania to cash that contract in. I really hope he does, but at the moment I just can't see Daniel Bryan having a one-on-one match for the World Championship at WrestleMania. I'm delighted that he won MitB though and he's been having some great matches recently- it's fair to say that he's achieved more than I expected him to in his first year on TV.

I dunno, Christian's had his shot at Orton, Henry's just about to...that's two of the big names out of the window from the start.

The non-Bryan contenders are gonna be Barrett, Sin Cara and Sheamus. Barrett's surely next up for Orton after the Henry feud, and I just don't expect to see Sin Cara in a title match any time soon. As for Sheamus? It could happen, but his current "I'm Irish, here's an Irish themed story" style of promo's getting on my nerves a little so I'm not enthusiastic about it. I loved the idea of babyface Sheamus before he turned, he has the potential to be a great badass character. But he's just playing a bit of a tool right now.

However, if Orton were to turn a Sheamus/Orton feud leading up to 'Mania could be red-hot.

If Bryan doesn't get the one on one match at Wrestlemania I expect someone to take him out, and for that person to end up in the 'Mania title match. After he wins/defends the title at the show Bryan will make his return, cash in the briefcase as promised and win the belt.

• Paid Members

Bryan is quality. Ideally, he smacks Cole about in a few months and earns his respect.

Bryan is in with the right people (trained by Regal/HBK etc) and is apparently one of the less hassle free guys they have.

While he isn't exactly 'WWE built', WWE clearly see him as someone worth investing in. He went on to beat most of the midcard last summer and was their midcard guy. Now they have him as Mr. Money In The Bank.

Bryan can go as far as WWE want him to go. Personally, I think he's a modern day Bret Hart.

Archived