How will it turn out for Daniel Bryan?

Oliver

• Paid Members

Bryan is quality. Ideally, he smacks Cole about in a few months and earns his respect.

Bryan is in with the right people (trained by Regal/HBK etc) and is apparently one of the less hassle free guys they have.

While he isn't exactly 'WWE built', WWE clearly see him as someone worth investing in. He went on to beat most of the midcard last summer and was their midcard guy. Now they have him as Mr. Money In The Bank.

Bryan can go as far as WWE want him to go. Personally, I think he's a modern day Bret Hart.

He's already done that though, on NXT. I don't think they'll go that way again.

I don't think Bryan can go as far as they want him to either, I think he's one of those wrestlers (like Ziggler, or Swagger) who would move over to RAW potentially after a Smackdown World title reign and be relegated to the lower card.

• Paid Members
Bryan, and in particular the reaction he gets from audiences, is unpredictable. The way the crowd respond to him varies so wildly from region to region that it'd be impossible to trust him in a consistent main event slot.

I don't think he's helped by the fact his big push only came when he moved to Smackdown. Very few wrestlers get over on that show in the States because of low audiences. Dolph Ziggler got no reaction, that changed when he jumped to RAW. The crowd sat on their hands during John Morrison matches, that changed when he went to RAW. Drew McIntyre didn't get over, but I'd hazard a guess that'd also change if he got a push on RAW. There are a few exceptions, but I think it's a harder environment for wrestlers to get an audience reaction in if they've not appeared, or not appeared much on, the main show.

Archived