Goldberg vs Batista?

xear

nodq.com

Former WWE & WCW star Bill Goldberg has followed up on reports that he'll be returning to the ring later this year - confirming to his Twitter followers early Saturday morning:

"By the way......... I'm back!!!!!!!!!!!"

After video recently surfaced of Goldberg stating back in March that he plans to wrestle again this year, it was revealed this week that Goldberg will be performing on a wrestling supershow taking place in the African Congo that will feature some of the top names in the business.

Another huge name advertised for the African Congo show is Batista - and Goldberg says he might wrestle Batista on the show. When asked by a fan who his next in-ring opponent will be, Goldberg stated, "Maybe Batista."

Goldberg had some harsh words for WWE as part of his Twitter announcement, saying "no way" to the possibility of returning to WWE:

"No way. It ain't WWE, they can kiss my ass."

• Paid Members

I think Goldberg will end up in TNA sometime this year. If he's started to accept bookings for big money again, then I wouldnt be suprised. Even if its on one of those 6 month deals. No complaints from this end. The big man is always welcome on our telly. Nothing seems to matter to TNA's ratings and especially buyrates anymore. In 2006, when there was a buzz about the promotion, a Goldberg vs Samoa Joe match might have outdrawn Angle vs Joe. Would like to see Angle vs Goldberg. Cant imagine Goldberg's changed much, and Angle's still brilliant.

Batista vs Goldberg's a definte torrent search for me, if they do wrestle. I always thought Batista would have taken notice of Michaels and Triple H and thought Goldberg was a dick, but Goldy and Big Dave are pals in real life. Its very rare I read anyone say anything bad about Goldberg. He's supposedly a real nice bloke.

• Paid Members
Didn't they have that match on an episode of Raw? I think Batista claimed a bounty that had been put on Goldberg.

Yeah, but that was way before Batista became a main event player. It'd do well now, I'd imagine, if Batista had the chance to put the character work in that he did in the few months before his departure.

Yeah, but that was way before Batista became a main event player. It'd do well now, I'd imagine, if Batista had the chance to put the character work in that he did in the few months before his departure.

Yes he did claim a bounty, but I'm positive he did it by injuring Goldberg in a in ring segment, and that there wasn't a actual match between between them. In fact I'm sure he did it after a Goldberg vs. Michaels match, but can't remember for sure.

Yes he did claim a bounty, but I'm positive he did it by injuring Goldberg in a in ring segment, and that there wasn't a actual match between between them. In fact I'm sure he did it after a Goldberg vs. Michaels match, but can't remember for sure.

You're both right and wrong. Batista did attack then-World Heavyweight Champion Goldberg after a match he had with HBK, but they were then booked for a non-title match three weeks later. As I recall it went to a non-finish - perhaps a DQ with Evolution attacking him.

Archived