RIOT!

big mickey

• Paid Members
Well it might not be easy, but you spend money instead of taking more away from the public and much needed services. I think they have considered it, but decided it would be a better idea to pay the budget deficit in the fastest way possible by taking money from the public pocket.

So where does this money come from? The last government has left the country in a financial mess, so yeah they do need to sort that out, which mean less money to go around. All the while the cost of living is rising.

Also, how can I tell them to get a job when there are none or they don't have the qualifications/experience to get one. There's something like 20 people applying for every one job in Haringey.

You've ignored every counter point given to you regarding this.

• Replies 2.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Paid Members
Here we go, lets hear what Cameron has to say. The continuing criminalisation of protest (as the media begins to blur peaceful protest with thuggery) increased media fear mongering, i.d. cards, asbos, DNA databases, more ostracism, more racism, more fascism I'd guess...

I was saying this last night.....The brutally cynical side in me kept thinking that it would be in the governments interest to let this go on a bit longer so there'll be very little opposition to them fastracking through a bunch of increasingly suffocating laws & nobody will mind cause' they wont be able to think past the current situation.

So where does this money come from? The last government has left the country in a financial mess, so yeah they do need to sort that out, which mean less money to go around. All the while the cost of living is rising.

You've ignored every counter point given to you regarding this.

The money should come from corporation tax and similar strategies. Not from people who can hardly afford to live. Also, I'm not sure what counter points you are referring to, other than people saying everyone has the same opportunity which is simply wrong.

• Paid Members
There's something like 20 people applying for every one job in Haringey.

Luckily there are other places for people to apply for jobs. If I only applied for jobs in my local area I would still be a butcher at Waitrose.

Luckily there are other places for people to apply for jobs. If I only applied for jobs in my local area I would still be a butcher at Waitrose.

I'd imagine other boroughs aren't much better at the moment. That was just an example.

• Paid Members
The continuing criminalisation of protest (as the media begins to blur peaceful protest with thuggery)

Ah, the media are to blame. We can stop worrying now. It's actually peaceful protest being badly reported.

The money should come from corporation tax and similar strategies. Not from people who can hardly afford to live. Also, I'm not sure what counter points you are referring to, other than people saying everyone has the same opportunity which is simply wrong.

It's not wrong i know first hand it isn't wrong and his right you pick and choose. Saying other boroughs are just as poor as absurd. Have you ever even been to London? Do you realise how big it is and yet so easy to get around.

• Paid Members

Well there was Spurs4Life (?) pointing out that he lives in Tottenham where it all started and that there are plenty of jobs available to those who want them. You never responded to any of those points he was making.

Well there was Spurs4Life (?) pointing out that he lives in Tottenham where it all started and that there are plenty of jobs available to those who want them. You never responded to any of those points he was making.

From the Haringey Independent in June.

Figures show that in Tottenham, there are just 121 registered vacancies, with more than 6,000 people looking for work

• Paid Members

Christ people need to get real. People are having their homes and their lively hoods ruined by these thugs.

As others have said, time for deeper investigation and action to tackle/solve the wider social problems are ages away. Right now it's time to teach these kids that smashing shit up and ruining your community leads to serious can of ass whoop. If it all kicks off AGAIN, lets hope the police have numbers.