RIOT!

big mickey

• Paid Members
Where are you getting this from..?

Was on Sky News just now. There's a load of them (looked at least 50+) all surrounding a local temple. There was a big guy at the front with a sword.

• Replies 2.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Paid Members
These riots are going to set racism back 20 years,

To the ignorant and narrow minded maybe. I've seen quite a lot of whites mixed with blacks in the riot scenes.

At least those terrorists have taken a back seat for a while!

• Paid Members
Cheers mate, I really need to start making the most out of Twitter.

I can't really watch the news coverage here, as I'm at work, and the yanks don't care, so I have this forum, the West Londoner (which is where I got the Bletchley thing - it's good for updates, but a lot turned out to be bs rumors, like the london eye :bored: ), and a bunch of twitter searches on constant update.

• Paid Members
To the ignorant and narrow minded maybe. I've seen quite a lot of whites mixed with blacks in the riot scenes.

At least those terrorists have taken a back seat for a while!

The thing is though, while there are white people involved, the majority seen on the news and in papers are black or asian. I'm not saying it is mainly them as nobody knows, but that's the images people are seeing and it'll no doubt kick some stuff off.

• Paid Members
Where are you getting this from..?

There are groups of Sikhs doing their civic duty by protecting temples in Birmingham. I believe in Smethwick and West Brom. Footage has popped up on Sky News. More extensive footage can be seen on Sangat TV on ch 847. I don't believe anyone is wandering around with swords though. The footage certainly doesn't support that claim.

The thing is though, while there are white people involved, the majority seen on the news and in papers are black or asian. I'm not saying it is mainly them as nobody knows, but that's the images people are seeing and it'll no doubt kick some stuff off.

In London it is safe to say it was mainly them for the first couple of nights as Tottenham, Brixton and Hackney are made up mostly of ethnic minorities. It'd be stupid to think there are no white hood rats joining in the "fun" though.

I will say when I walked down to Ealing last night they were mostly black and most videos taken from there back this up despite Ealing not being as ethnically diverse as most of the other places.

Im not big on religion, but isnt the Sikh thing something about them being warriors as well as pious? Or some stuff like that? Its why they carry the knife. So its not really a shocker if they are defending their temples with swords.

On Sky News it said they said they aren't just defending their Temple but their community no matter what race or religion.

Edited by Smeg_&_The_Heads

There are groups of Sikhs doing their civic duty by protecting temples in Birmingham. I believe in Smethwick and West Brom. Footage has popped up on Sky News. More extensive footage can be seen on Sangat TV on ch 847. I don't believe anyone is wandering around with swords though. The footage certainly doesn't support that claim.

On Sky News they were on and at least one of them had a sword even my Mum noted that.

Great to hear Anne Diamond's thoughts eh?

Got to laugh at the most manc sounding guy at the end saying "Fuckin'ell"

Hearing that people have seen groups of hoodies getting taxis up to manchester from around my area. This is surreal.

• Paid Members
In London it is safe to say it was mainly them for the first couple of nights as Tottenham, Brixton and Hackney are made up mostly of ethnic minorities. It'd be stupid to think there are no white hood rats joining in the "fun" though.

I will say when I walked down to Ealing last night they were mostly black and most videos taken from there back this up despite Ealing not being as ethnically diverse as most of the other places.

It's a tough subject though really. I mean I'm not saying it's right for racism or any race-based namecalling to start happening, but I'll be curious to see how it's handled, or if it's even brough up that the looters are mainly ethnic minorities. Even just pointing it out could cause a load of shit.