RIOT!

big mickey

• Paid Members
And see, the thing is, not many people have denied that there are contributing factors. Everybody readily accepts their existence. And apparently, the people who keep stressing the contributing factors don't think they excuse the behaviour. So aren't we all on the same page there?

Pretty much yep.

• Replies 2.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Did anyone else hear the two 17 year old girls on Sky News? Swigging from a bottle of rose wine at half 9 this morning, talking about what a laugh it was and how they hoped it kicked off again tonight.

I'm sure plenty of people heard them, and that's the reason why news outlets like Sky love interviewing people like this. You would think the reporters actively seek out people to speak to who can give the worst possible impression...

• Paid Members

http://www.flickr.com/photos/metropolitanpolice/

Do you know these little bastards?

I'm sure plenty of people heard them, and that's the reason why news outlets like Sky love interviewing people like this. You would think the reporters actively seek out people to speak to who can give the worst possible impression...

You are fucking desperate now. That's pathetic.

• Paid Members

He's right, you know - they should be seeking out the more reasonable element of the London rioters, have them give a more coherent socio-economic breakdown of the motivations and means of their crusade.

• Paid Members

Yeah, it's Sky's fault. They should have picked out some of the more eloquent rioters and thieves to talk to, to give a better impression.

And see, the thing is, not many people have denied that there are contributing factors. Everybody readily accepts their existence. And apparently, the people who keep stressing the contributing factors don't think they excuse the behaviour. So aren't we all on the same page there?

Quite. So maybe people can stop ripping into Whiskey, who's made a load of fantastic posts and brought some balance to the thread. All friends?

Anyway, I didn't know you were from West Derby. I've lived there most of my life and am here for the summer.

Saw Lodge Lane at about midnight. Loads of kids running about but they seemed excited / agitated more than dangerous. Went to my bud's house on Upper Parly (the town end of it) and could hear fireworks and see po flying past his window.

For all those who want the army called in - is that not the hallmark of a failed state?

The capital city being on fire isn't a sign of a healthy state, either, so that horse might have already bolted.

What was the facebook video that was being referenced earlier? I don't have fb so can't watch it.

There was a lad sitting on the floor, dazed and covered in blood, having been battered. Group of youths helped him up, emptying his backpack as they did so. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_1qphWi563Q

Edited by King Pitcos

You are fucking desperate now. That's pathetic.

It's true. Why else choose to interview someone who is actually getting drunk whilst you talk to them? For a sensationalist angle, that's why. Do they think that such a person is going to bring anything worthwhile to the table? Of course not.

I'm not saying that Sky are to blame or any of the other nonsense I've seen in response, but the fact still stands that such an interview is totally pointless.