RIOT!

big mickey

Fulham Broadway is fine. I just ran up there and its dead quiet. One hooded gang walked past me from the direction towards Clapham Junction, but there's no sign of cars alight or looting.

• Replies 2.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Paid Members
really? It's been quiet as anything. Although I won't see the high street until morning

Nothing major from what I read:

Workers at Best Buy on Harlesden High Street fought off attempts to enter their shop from a gang of around 20 thieves, alleged to be aged 13-26, carrying bits of wood from nearby shop fronts and stolen wooden mops.

http://www.wbtimes.co.uk/news/harlesden_tr..._shops_1_988261

00:54 Tue 9 Aug

Fulham Broadway is fine. I just ran up there and its dead quiet. One hooded gang walked past me from the direction towards Clapham Junction, but there's no sign of cars alight or looting.

"Cars have been torched in Fulham Broadway."

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/uknews/cri...riots-live.html

00:01 Tue 9 Aug

Edited by fruitcorner

• Awards Moderator
twitter posts are now saying its 300+ people mate,

Footage of rioters in upper parliament street... Near the womens hospital car park

My brother's had friends texting him saying that L1 has had trouble. I really hope not. So much work has been put into that city centre over the last decade or so, and to potentially have it destroyed by idiots would be a great shame. My mum works around Toxteth, so we know a good amount of people in that part of the city. Doesn't sound too fun at the moment.

Still nothing concrete in terms of reports about incidents in Leeds, just people reporting about Chapeltown shooting from earlier today and thinking it's a recent (within the last hour) event.

Shit. Thanks boys. My Auntie is shitting herself now as she knows how close this is to where another two of my cousins live. I'm meant to be in town for a meeting tomorrow so I dread to think what state it'll be in when I get there.

• Paid Members
Righto. I live at Marco Island, just up the road. Thankfully it all seems pretty quiet. Talking to the guy in our building about how they'd lock the place down if it gets there.

Potential safe place if things *do* kick off. I figure it would have by now if it was going to though.

Thank fuck the centre is locked down, no way they'll get in here! It'll be daylight by the time I get out of here anyway.

Shit. Thanks boys. My Auntie is shitting herself now as she knows how close this is to where another two of my cousins live. I'm meant to be in town for a meeting tomorrow so I dread to think what state it'll be in when I get there.

This is Smithdown Road from the camera of an Echo reporter. http://dailybooth.com/LiverpoolEcho/18130618

• Paid Members

Add Waltham Cross to the list, which means this has now spread to Hertfordshire.

Apparently Clinton Cards & JD Sports at Brookfield Farm (Cheshunt) were smashed up by a couple of gangs earlier, but police quickly restored order.

Add Waltham Cross to the list, which means this has now spread to Hertfordshire.

Apparently Clinton Cards & JD Sports at Brookfield Farm (Cheshunt) were smashed up by a couple of gangs earlier, but police quickly restored order.

Pretty sure the cross was done last night? Also the Sony depot at Enfield Lock is apparently in flames.

Christ. BBC News have just confirmed that police are advising people to stay away from town. As I flicked over, I think I heard them say something was starting in Manchester?

Heading all Northwards now by the sound of things.

• Paid Members
Pretty sure the cross was done last night? Also the Sony depot at Enfield Lock is apparently in flames.

You're right, for some reason that riot watch thing on Google Maps only added that incident about 45 mins ago. Strange.

Yeah I saw about the Sony depot. Seems to be the only thing going down in that part of the A10 stretch. My sisters house in Waltham Abbey got egged earlier, but I don't think that constitutes as rioting.

• Paid Members
Christ. BBC News have just confirmed that police are advising people to stay away from town. As I flicked over, I think I heard them say something was starting in Manchester?

Yeah my friend is in Manchester and she said something is kicking off near Victoria station. Although like everything else it could just be gossip at the min