Favourite Wrestling Attire

Shovanist Pig

• Replies 107
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Honorable mention should go out to Glacier !! i'm shocked we made it to 7 pages and no one has mentioned him...you dissapoint me ukff... :laugh:

Sure he was a sub zero rip off but that didn't stop me from loving his getup, also really liked his entrance on the whole,tremendous stuff !! ofcourse then he had to acturlly wrestle and...but the point is the look and he sure looked cool.

Another thing i really like is masks where you can't see the eyes at all, sin cara would be the current obvious example but there are loads of luchadores that used masks with closed eyes, using some shiny fabric to close the eyes, i always love it, makes them seem more alien like or super hero like in a way.

Always loved super dragons look too,he just looked menacing,one of my all time favorite non-mexican masks/outfits for sure ( runner up would be scorpio sky back when he had his black/yellow costume,he's lost part of his appeal ever since he lost it,it's not the same :/ )

Favourite Wrestling Attire

Is this too subliminal even for them?

07.jpg

I loved The Brood's attire. It was more than fitting with the gimmick and was very thematic but without venturing into the realms of absurdity or leading the viewer to think 'what the fuck is he wearing that in a wrestling match for?'. Individuality and colour was the calling card of the Attitude Era roster and these guys brought it.

hwZiUegOxwfXiuO.jpg

I don't know does it count as being 'wrestling attire' but the overall presentation of the Outlaws, like The Brood, was absoloutely spot on. Moreso their pre DX days. They looked like the scum of the earth. Disrespectful, white trash stoners who managed to balance a couldn't give a toss demeanour with the constant threat that they could get really nasty.

goldust.jpg

I don't even need to explain this one. It was all great. Not only the basic attire but the ludicrous run as the artist formely known as where he literally came across as being quite the twisted fuck up.

Other little things that stick out in my mind : Sunny's LOD attire where she never looked better [and totally offset Hawk & Animal looking like Daft Punk], Triple H's denim look, 'Takers absurd velvet Ministry thing, Shane McMahon's event themed sports jerseys, Kane's mostly black with red flamed leather look [late 1999 I reckon?], Test & Albert, Vader [a man of his look should seem comical in a red leather mask that wouldn't be out of place at some debauched S&M party], Bossman's Attitude look [again gimmicky but not out of place].

Archived