MMA Media Thread

Egg Shen

• Paid Members

Decided to bang up a new thread. I know we've got a past fight discussion thread but seeings as only about 3 of us post in there i thought id start seperate media thread, simply because it can kind of appeal to some of the more casual fans on the board as well as complete newbie's to the sport.

It doesn't necessarily have to be strict MMA, just MMA related or whatever.

Fire away...

• Replies 34
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Paid Members

UFC - Baba O' Reilly Highlight

ill kick it off with the famous Baba O'Reilly video. If you haven't been to a live UFC, this is the video they play just before the event goes live on air. The arena fades to black, spotlights starts circling the arena and this kicks in on the big screen, proper shivers down the spine stuff. Fantastic. (you sometimes hear this starting when Joe Rogan & Dana White do their 'buy the ppv' speech at the end of the Spike! prelim specials.)

Yeah I was at the Marquardt vs Leites fight live, bit of a forgotten gem I reckon. I think people remember the screwy decision and point deductions and kinda forget how good the fight was.

Same show as Matt Wiman/Thiago Tavares which is another forgotten gem.

It wasn't Miragliotta reffing the Nate fight was it? I know he added to his legacy of ineptitude with a terrible stoppage in the Vera/Werdum fight that night.

• Paid Members

Think it was Herb Dean. He had an off night that night. He rightly took a point off Nate for kneeing Leites while he was down. Then later he took another point off Nate for elbows to the back of the head which looked clearly on the side of the head.

Everyone I was sitting near was pissed at the decision but I suppose you could say it was actually justified because you could argue that Nate actually committed a foul with the piledriver and Herb never penalised him for that. So you could justify them docking him 2 points, just he took one for the wrong foul.

And yeah Wiman vs Tavares was a great little scrap. Wiman was getting a beating and then between rounds Chuck was just staring a hole through Wiman and he came out like a madman and KO'd Tavares. Loved that fight actually.

Another fight people don't talk about on UFC 85 is Antoni Hardonk vs Eddie Sanchez. Seriously give it a watch if you can get hold of it, really fun fight with a brutal KO.

Archived