1PW show off........time to pay up now Danny Boy!

cheetah69uk

It would appear, reading between the lines, that they've lost their backer. Which has obviously caused a big problem, Sloan's seen the potential for fuck ups as a result and pulled out to ensure A-Merchandise limit their exposure. Which is sensible, but he also knows they may be able to replace their backer, so he's not out and out saying it's fucked.

1PW are obviously kinda fucked over by this, but they'll be trying to find a new one behind the scenes, to ensure they can continue. Now the reason they haven't come out and announced this is basic business stuff, you don't announce you're broke until you have too, fucks up peoples trust in your brand even worse that it's currently at.

It's a shame, really, knock on affects are obviously damaging, but no matter how much you hate 1PW them going down like this (if they go down, you can't be sure they won't find more backing) does no good at all, to anyone.

• Replies 1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Just like to thank Mark and everyone at A Merch for being so professional,

I have had 2 bad experiences in the past with Wrestleslam and 1pw, so to get my money back is a refreshing change.

Still gutted I dont get to meet Shawn but thanks anyway

It would appear, reading between the lines, that they've lost their backer. Which has obviously caused a big problem, Sloan's seen the potential for fuck ups as a result and pulled out to ensure A-Merchandise limit their exposure. Which is sensible, but he also knows they may be able to replace their backer, so he's not out and out saying it's fucked.

1PW are obviously kinda fucked over by this, but they'll be trying to find a new one behind the scenes, to ensure they can continue. Now the reason they haven't come out and announced this is basic business stuff, you don't announce you're broke until you have too, fucks up peoples trust in your brand even worse that it's currently at.

It's a shame, really, knock on affects are obviously damaging, but no matter how much you hate 1PW them going down like this (if they go down, you can't be sure they won't find more backing) does no good at all, to anyone.

Oh no, it's nothing like that. We haven't said that 1PW is off, or that there is money problems or that 1PW is doomed. That is what people are assuming/hearing etc

We're out. 100%, the backer is irrelevant. The information that we have, via Shawn's agent indicates TO ME, there is no chance that this will happen. It's simple business.

However, if 1PW can arrange between the agent for a deal for it still to happen then that is all well and good. I won't be working on this project because of the information that has been given to us. Some of which was explained to people whohad their tickets refunded.

Trust me when I tell you, there is no ill feeling (at this point) we're unconfident we can deliver our end, after what we were told, so at the earliest point we have cancelled and explained exactly why to the people who did business with us. I did advise that you should NOT purchase tickets elsewhere UNTIL further clarification from Micheals himself would be the best policy at this point.

There is sooo much more to the whole situation, with the backer, people leaving, money etc, but I deal in facts, the facts presented to me, caused our office to pull the appearance.

In a way, it does do good. Because if it goes away for good this time, other companies can rebuild and re-establish new fans and prove the UK is worth a damn. If 1PW stay around, the only thing it gets is negative publicity for the UK scene.

That sounds really anti-1PW, and in a way it is. But the company does put on great shows, it's just a shame that there's always talent missing, arguments on here, facebook and twitter, and nothing but a massive fuck up for each and every month before a show. A UK company going bankrupt trying to bring over a massive star looks bad, but it only looks bad once. A UK company repeatedly getting bad press for it's inability to contact wrestlers and pay them properly gets bad press all year around.

I do hope 1PW can resolve something soon though, and more importantly give fans an answer soon.

In a way, it does do good. Because if it goes away for good this time, other companies can rebuild and re-establish new fans and prove the UK is worth a damn. If 1PW stay around, the only thing it gets is negative publicity for the UK scene.

That sounds really anti-1PW, and in a way it is. But the company does put on great shows, it's just a shame that there's always talent missing, arguments on here, facebook and twitter, and nothing but a massive fuck up for each and every month before a show. A UK company going bankrupt trying to bring over a massive star looks bad, but it only looks bad once. A UK company repeatedly getting bad press for it's inability to contact wrestlers and pay them properly gets bad press all year around.

I do hope 1PW can resolve something soon though, and more importantly give fans an answer soon.

I dunno, I know the last shows had some talent advertisded but not appearing but to your average casual fan that's not so different to wwe touring wiith card subject to change on it. They've sold tours with undertaker on the promo stuff with him not showing up, and while it's a bit of a shame people tend to just get on with it.

The killer thing is them pulling shows with no refunds, that's a major fuck up and that's what it looks like may be happening here, again, and that's no help at all. That's the irony of the thing, people hope 1PW goes out of business to avoid the negative affect of 1PW going out of business, seems kinda silly, but hey.

And can someone who got a refund from Mark please post what the reasoning was, I'm kinda intruiged here, or pm me Mark, ya know it makes sense.

• Paid Members
Just like to thank Mark and everyone at A Merch for being so professional,

I have had 2 bad experiences in the past with Wrestleslam and 1pw, so to get my money back is a refreshing change.

Still gutted I dont get to meet Shawn but thanks anyway

Mark is clearly being very professional and not giving what he knows on here. However, as he has stated a couple of time times, the refund people were given a partial explanation. You seem like one of those people? Fancy sharing to put some of the speculation to bed?

Colt Cabana is being brought over by Star Power Training, any bookings he has taken are in addition to the courses so Colt will be at all shows he is advertised for. Hypothetically if a show was cancelled this will not affect his other dates.

Also there are also very few places remaining on the training courses (particularly on the beginner course) so anyone who would like to do the course should contact us soon to avoid disappointment!

Head over to our website!

I dunno, I know the last shows had some talent advertisded but not appearing but to your average casual fan that's not so different to wwe touring wiith card subject to change on it. They've sold tours with undertaker on the promo stuff with him not showing up, and while it's a bit of a shame people tend to just get on with it.

The killer thing is them pulling shows with no refunds, that's a major fuck up and that's what it looks like may be happening here, again, and that's no help at all. That's the irony of the thing, people hope 1PW goes out of business to avoid the negative affect of 1PW going out of business, seems kinda silly, but hey.

And can someone who got a refund from Mark please post what the reasoning was, I'm kinda intruiged here, or pm me Mark, ya know it makes sense.

Yeah, I get your point there, but I still think one big incident that causes the company to close is probably better in the long run, because it can be healed over time with reliable companies. A company that stays open and consistently gets bad press can be far more damaging.

Also, didn't 1PW promise a while back that refunds would definitely be available if the Shawn deal fell through, because it was so costly? I'm sure someone asked them that on their wall and they agreed that it was a big price, and they would make sure everyone would be refunded should he pull out... then again, before the wall was turned off, a few people were still after refunds for May :\

the story doing the rounds a month or two back that i heard regarding the doncaster dome was that gauntley had been talking to them trying to arrange dates for later this year, whether thats still the case i dont know.

As for the hbk thing best bet is waiting for him to say he aint coming.....

As for 1pw surviving...

original.jpg

''if it dies it dies''

From their Facebook 7 hours ago..

HBK is still coming over. we are aware Mark cancelled his HBK Date as of writing this, there has been no change in Shawns Events with 1PW.

From their Facebook 7 hours ago..

HBK is still coming over. we are aware Mark cancelled his HBK Date as of writing this, there has been no change in Shawns Events with 1PW.

Yeah, but is that Danny or their new PR? because to be fair, their new PR guy seems to know as little as the old guys who ran the facebook page.

Hope it is still going ahead though, I have a sister in law who is dying to see HBK and friends who have paid for the full gala dinner and meet and greet stuff. Will be speaking to Danny tomorrow anyway, and hopefully will get a more solid answer and reasoning for the confusion.

• Paid Members
Yeah, but is that Danny or their new PR? because to be fair, their new PR guy seems to know as little as the old guys who ran the facebook page.

From what I know, the 1PW Facebook page was being ran by a 16-or-so year old mark called Liam.

From what I know, the 1PW Facebook page was being ran by a 16-or-so year old mark called Liam.

Yeah, it was him and Dirty Oil as far as I know... both we taken off, and it was just Adam, Danny and this new PR fella. Adam left, so it won't be him, and Danny claims to not use it often.

Archived