What instantly makes you a star in wrestling?

IANdrewDiceClay

• Paid Members

For me, you need a beard. A leather biker jacket is a must. A pair of jeans, with the bottoms tucked into a pair or cowboy boots. A belt with a big fuck-off buckle that you can wrap around your knuckles and beat on your opponent while the commentator screams like he's watching he's wife being shagged by Bushwhacker Luke. A voice that sounds like David Schultz. I remember on the January 4th Impact last year, when everyone on the show was wearing a leather jacket. The show was the highest ever rated Impact. Coincidence? No. I dont think anyone who has wore a leather jacket has failed to get over. If more people had this look, there would be more business in 2011. We'd be in another boom period.

I might have ended the thread right there, but whats yours?

Was Jan 4th the highest rated Impact ? Maybe the first hour made the difference.

As for the question I think looking like a monster never hurts especially if they back it up in the ring , guys like Lesnar and Goldberg in particular got majorly over mainly through crushing everything in sight.

• Paid Members
Was Jan 4th the highest rated Impact ? Maybe the first hour made the difference.

They had two hour unapposed on a Thursday. Obviously the fact Raw was against it showed it was a achievment. Nothing to do with the first hour. The first hour would have meant nothing if there was no interest in it.

whitep.jpg

You know you're a wrestling superstar when you wear a pair of white boots.

Eugene wore white boots.

Is that a question or a statement?

It was a statement that the first hour, (when it didn't have competetion from RAW) probably helped alot.

EDIT- it was, first hour was 1.69, 2nd was 1.44 and third was 1.28.

• Paid Members

An expensive suit is a must for a heel. Ric Flair, Vince McMahon, Nick Bockwinkel, Chris Jericho, MEM, The Miz...

A heel in a wheelchair is ratings (Heels on Wheels).

Ian is spot on with the leather jacket thing. I bet if Randy Orton came to the ring with a cool black leather jacket, jeans and sunglasses he'd be on Raw. Batista got drafted to Raw when he started wearing sunglasses in doors and leather every week during his heel run - coincidence?

Face paint and big muscles is also a winner.

Archived