Going to a Christening

CuckedByMenry

Fuck taking presents, that's what Birthdays and Christmas are for! If someone invited me to see their spawn get dunked they should feel privileged I even bothered to turn up at all.

• Awards Moderator

I bought a friend two of these for her twins' Christening and they went down a treat. They've been using them and having seen the progress so far, they look like they intend on using them as the girls grow up. I'll probably end up getting one when I have a kid, assuming I can find someone willing to procreate with me.

• Paid Members

It's for a friend's baby.

Fuck taking presents, that's what Birthdays and Christmas are for! If someone invited me to see their spawn get dunked they should feel privileged I even bothered to turn up at all.

I suppose I could put that in a card if I end up not getting anything.

• Paid Members
I bought a friend two of these for her twins' Christening and they went down a treat. They've been using them and having seen the progress so far, they look like they intend on using them as the girls grow up. I'll probably end up getting one when I have a kid, assuming I can find someone willing to procreate with me.

Noted. :thumbsup:

Mothercare or Early Learning Centre vouchers will be enough in a card.

I know it seems the easy option but when it comes to kids then things like that are much more appreciated I think and its also up to them when to use it. Rather than everyone buying presents that won't really make much difference.

It's for a friend's baby.

I suppose I could put that in a card if I end up not getting anything.

Honesty is the best policy :thumbsup:

MP3 player. Not for a present, for yourself. Christenings, like everything else that happens in a church and isn't part of the plot of Bad Lieutenant, are dull. The only exception I've ever seen was when my nephew got christened. He was about two, and shouted "THAT WASN'T VERY NICE!" when the priest wet his head. But generally, they're long and crap. And they're even worse than normal church things, because there's far more chance of babies crying.

Waterboy's present idea's great, though, so get that as well.

Archived